Impersonator using hi-tech equipment to cheat in AMU
Aligarh: An impersonator allegedly using high-tech electronic equipment for cheating in the Aligarh Muslim University engineering entrance examination was nabbed by the varsity authorities who later handed him over to police.
Merajuddin (19) was caught on Sunday by an invigilating officer while he was using a high definition camera inside his wrist watch and electronic transmitting equipment strapped to different parts of his body through which he was connected to a receiving equipment of an accomplice stationed in Lucknow.
Preliminary investigations indicate that a well-organised inter-city gang possibly controlled by a mastermind at Lucknow was behind the crime, police said.
Initial inquiry has revealed that the arrested youth, who was sent to jail today, hails from Gopalganj, Bihar, and is presently studying at an Engineering College in Tamil Nadu, a spokesman of AMU told a news agency.
The accused has admitted of having received a sum of Rs one lakh for carrying out the operation.
More than 42,000 candidates appeared at the entrance test for engineering course at seven different centres in the country, including Aligarh.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India