Implementation of Ayodhya verdict state`s responsibility: Cong
Lucknow: Hitting back at Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Mayawati for her stand that it was the Union government`s responsibility to implement the Ayodhya verdict, Congress on Friday said it was a "state subject".
"It is the state government`s responsibility to implement the court verdict and the Centre can interfere only when either the state says it is incapable of doing so and the chief minister resigns or in case the Centre feels that the state was not capable of doing it.
"If the state government says it is not capable of implementing the order to maintain status quo as well as to control the law and order situation we will take care of it," AICC secretary Pervez Hashmi told reporters here.
Taking exception to the timing of her statement, Hashmi said, "instead of appealing to the people to maintain calm", she accused the Centre of not providing adequate paramilitary force personnel. "It is wrong to state that the Centre has no concern for law and order."
Echoing similar sentiments, state Congress chief Rita Bahuguna Joshi said the Centre has limited resources and has to take care of the entire nation. She said Uttar Pradesh was provided with adequate forces.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kalam's advisor recalls his last moments with the great scientist
- To Sir with Love: School kids pay tribute to Dr Kalam
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- India mourns APJ Abdul Kalam; PM to receive body at Palam airport
- Kalam's body flown to Delhi; PM, Prez lead nation in paying homage
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea
- India's 'original rocket man': Abdul Kalam's phenomenal contribution to Science
- Parliament pays tributes to Dr APJ Abdul Kalam, calls him 'real gem' of India
- Ready to see Shah Rukh-Salman together on-screen?