Improve image and functioning, Akhilesh to UP cops
Lucknow: Faced with unrelenting criticism on the state`s poor law and order, Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav Monday pulled up senior police officials and asked them to improve their and the force`s functioning and act tough against criminals.
At a high level meeting of senior police officials, he directed police to immediately reach crime scenes and activate their networks.
Only timely intervention and prompt action, he pointed out, can prevent serious and bigger crimes from happening.
Reviewing the work and functioning of the state home department, Akhilesh Yadav said police have to shore up their sagging image in the eyes of the people and this could only be done if they paid special attention on the work style of the lower police cadres.
The chief minister also directed senior police officials to identify errant cops at the police station and outpost levels, keep a vigil on them, and take stringent action against them when needed.
He also asked police officials to work in close coordination with media persons so that facts are reported. Asking cops to crack down on criminals and rumour-mongers, he also stressed on an urgent need to integrate technology with basic policing.
Adequate funds, he assured officials, would be disbursed for modernization of the police force and to get CCTVs, new modern control rooms, forensic labs and non-lethal weapons.
Akhilesh Yadav also asked for time bound recruitment of constables, head constables, sub-inspectors and woman constables.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Munich attack: 18-year-old German-Iranian gunman kills 9 at shopping mall
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley?
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part II
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part III
- DNA: Analyzing the real problems of patriotic Kashmir's residents
- Soon, Skype will not run on these Windows, Android phones
- Munich shooter was German-Iranian, motive `unclear`; likely sole shooter
- 'EgyptAir Flight 804 broke up in midair after a fire'
- Warrants issued in Turkey for arrest of 300 Presidential Guards
- Democrat Hilary Clinton picks Kaine as vice presidential running mate