In Lucknow, doctors write out anti-graft messageIn
Lucknow: Doctors in this Uttar Pradesh capital are expressing solidarity with social activist Anna Hazare in a novel way - they are printing pro-Anna messages on their prescriptions and diagnostic reports.
Under the banner of Lucknow Association of Practicing Pathologists and Microbiologists (LAPPM), doctors in the city have been getting messages like "We support Anna Hazare, we support Jan Lokpal Bill" printed at the bottom of their prescriptions and reports.
"Hundreds of private doctors attached with the association and also those working with nursing homes in the city have taken up the unique way to support Hazare and his anti-graft campaign," LAPPM president P.K. Gupta told reporters Saturday.
"Doctors too want to vent ire against corruption and support Anna Hazare. However, considering the nature of our job, we cannot boycott work or participate in sit-ins for a long period as it would adversely affect our patients. Therefore, the association has come up with a way that enables the doctors to lend support to Hazare without hampering their work," he added.
LAPPM members are of the view that the messages printed in support of Hazare on prescriptions will sensitise people against corruption.
"We believe that the messages on prescriptions and reports would not only be read by the patients but also by their families. Therefore, with a single message several people would get connected with our drive," said Gupta.
"We would continue with the drive till we get an assurance from the central government about implementing the civil society`s version of the Lokpal bill," he added.
LAPPM members have also initiated SMS campaigns to solicit support for Hazare`s crusade against corruption.
Meanwhile, people from various walks of life continued to converge on the Jhulelal Park - the main site in Lucknow for holding programmes in support of Hazare.
"Be it kids, youths or elders, people across various age groups have been assembling at the park to show solidarity with Anna Hazare," RK Agarwal, a member of India Against Corruption (IAC), which is backing Hazare, told reporters.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's speech at Gorakhnath temple
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- BJP MLA Vikram Saini accused of voicing controversial statement
- DNA: Analysing the 'no first use' nuclear policy of India
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Kapil Sharma-Sunil Grover fight: Will it be a shutdown for 'The Kapil Sharma Show'?