Include rape charges against accomplices of BSP MLA: Court
Banda: A local court on Thursday directed the
police to include rape charges against three accomplices of
BSP MLA Purshottam Dwivedi, who is accused of sexually
assaulting a dalit girl.
Chief Judicial Magistrate Tripta Chowdhury asked
authorities to book Rajendra Shukla, Surenrdra Neta and Ravan
Garg, who is still absconding, for rape. Earlier, they were
charged with assaulting and threatening the victim among
The MLA was arrested on January 13 for alleged
criminal assault on the 17-year-old girl. His two aides were
arrested in Banda district a day before following an FIR
The girl was allegedly raped on December 10-11 at the
legislators`s residence. She escaped from the MLA`s house on
December 12 when the MLA allegedly attempted rape for the
third time and was arrested same day on theft charges.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- Samajwadi Party feud intensifies: Shivpal Yadav sacked, Ramgopal Yadav expelled - As it happened
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' row: Raj Thackeray says Rs 5 crore 'penance' for signing Pakistani artistes
- Kerala dress code row: 'Why not 'mundus' for men, if 'sarees' for women'
- PM Narendra Modi warns of 'surgical strikes' against black money, corruption