Indo-Nepal border to be closed during UP polls
Bareilly: Aiming at curbing liquor menace
and other electoral offences during Uttar Pradesh Assembly
polls, Indo-Nepal border along the state would be sealed,
police said here on Wednesday.
"A vigil would be maintained on Indo-Nepal border as
there is possibility of smuggling of fake currency and illicit
arms during UP polls," IG (Bareilly range) R P Singh said.
"Closing of all roads on border adjacent to Pilibhit
district would be initiated. Smuggling of illicit liquor would
be checked strictly in all four districts of the division," he
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why should religion become a basis to fight for women's rights?
- Why should religion become a basis to fight for women's rights? - Part II
- Why should religion become a basis to fight for women's rights? - Part III
- Why should religion become a basis to fight for women's rights? - Part IV
- Will Sonia Gandhi reveal the truth behind AgustaWestland chopper scam?
- Bihar govt raises DA by 6% for workers
- Rio Olympics Goodwill Ambassador row: Yogeshwar Dutt criticised by Twitterati for opposing Salman Khan's appointment
- Recovery across key sectors 'surprisingly strong': Nomura
- Took liberty to up entertainment quotient in 'Azhar': Emraan Hashmi
- PHOTO: Vintage Sachin! When Master Blaster turned out for Yorkshire