Injured UP minister to undergo plastic surgery
Lucknow: Uttar Pradesh minister Nand Gopal alias Nandi, who continues to be on life support system four days after he was critically injured in a bomb blast, will undergo plastic surgery here for his badly burnt hands Thursday.
The surgery would be performed at the Sanjay Gandhi Post Graduate Institute of Medical Sciences, where Gopal was admitted after the blast in Allahabad Monday.
"The minister received multiple injuries and both his hands were badly burnt in the blast. As the minister is recovering fast, we have decided to go for the surgery of his hands later today (Thursday)," AK Bhatt, medical superintendent of the institute, told reporters.
"The medical test of the patient (minister) shows normal recovery. But he is still on life support system because of the severe pain in his deep wounds."
According to the officials, the condition of police constable Sanjay, who was also injured in the blast and is being treated at the critical care unit (CCU) of the institute, continues to be critical.
Splinters are still present in a portion of Sanjay’s brain, they added.
A 45-year-old man was killed and five, including Nandi, the minister for finance (stamps and registrations), were critically injured in the bombing Monday afternoon near the minister`s house in Mutthiiganj locality of Allahabad, about 200 km from here.
Amongst the injured was Indian Express correspondent Vijay Pratap Singh, who was at the Indian Army`s R&R Hospital in New Delhi where he was air-lifted from Allahabad Tuesday evening.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Heat ave continues in India, death toll climbs to over 1,400
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan slapped with Rs 1 crore notice
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- Kenyan lawyer offers to marry Barack Obama's daughter Malia
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- Maggi likely to face ban in India!
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads- Part II
- AIB: The 'Third Gender's right to dignity'
- Salman Khan accident files burnt in Mantralaya fire
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- Check cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 10 Result 2015
- First look: Salman Khan steals thunder in `Bajrangi Bhaijaan`
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- mahresult.nic.in updated with MSBSHSE Maharashtra HSC Class XII Result 2015
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- Reservation stir: Five percent job quota to Gujjars unlikely, hints Rajasthan govt
- PMO website revamped, now send e-mail to PM Modi directly
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm