Injured UP minister to undergo plastic surgery
Lucknow: Uttar Pradesh minister Nand Gopal alias Nandi, who continues to be on life support system four days after he was critically injured in a bomb blast, will undergo plastic surgery here for his badly burnt hands Thursday.
The surgery would be performed at the Sanjay Gandhi Post Graduate Institute of Medical Sciences, where Gopal was admitted after the blast in Allahabad Monday.
"The minister received multiple injuries and both his hands were badly burnt in the blast. As the minister is recovering fast, we have decided to go for the surgery of his hands later today (Thursday)," AK Bhatt, medical superintendent of the institute, told reporters.
"The medical test of the patient (minister) shows normal recovery. But he is still on life support system because of the severe pain in his deep wounds."
According to the officials, the condition of police constable Sanjay, who was also injured in the blast and is being treated at the critical care unit (CCU) of the institute, continues to be critical.
Splinters are still present in a portion of Sanjay’s brain, they added.
A 45-year-old man was killed and five, including Nandi, the minister for finance (stamps and registrations), were critically injured in the bombing Monday afternoon near the minister`s house in Mutthiiganj locality of Allahabad, about 200 km from here.
Amongst the injured was Indian Express correspondent Vijay Pratap Singh, who was at the Indian Army`s R&R Hospital in New Delhi where he was air-lifted from Allahabad Tuesday evening.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- DNA: Inside story of Indian Army's surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read