Inquiry begins into abduction of Gonda CMO
Gonda (UP): An inquiry began on Friday into alleged abduction of chief medical officer of Gonda, S P Singh, by local MLA and former state minister Vinod Kumar Singh alias Pandit Singh.
"I have started the inquiry. I will submit my report to the government within a week," Commissioner, Lucknow division, Sanjiv Mittal told reporters.
Former minister of state for revenue and rehabilitation Vinod Kumar Singh resigned on October 12 after his name figured in media reports for allegedly abducting the CMO as he was said to be unhappy over the refusal to accommodate his nominees on the list of doctors on contract recruited by the district health department under the National Rural Health Mission.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Delhi's graduate beggar – The amount he earns will shock you!
- Govt formalises strategies to counter ISIS threat, maintain internal security