Inquiry begins into abduction of Gonda CMO
Gonda (UP): An inquiry began on Friday into alleged abduction of chief medical officer of Gonda, S P Singh, by local MLA and former state minister Vinod Kumar Singh alias Pandit Singh.
"I have started the inquiry. I will submit my report to the government within a week," Commissioner, Lucknow division, Sanjiv Mittal told reporters.
Former minister of state for revenue and rehabilitation Vinod Kumar Singh resigned on October 12 after his name figured in media reports for allegedly abducting the CMO as he was said to be unhappy over the refusal to accommodate his nominees on the list of doctors on contract recruited by the district health department under the National Rural Health Mission.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Sad reality behind the shutting down of the historic Gita Press
- Sonakshi Sinha apologises to Sarabjit, accused in Tilak Nagar case
- Twists and turns: Possible theories about Sheena Bora's murder
- DNA: With new facts emerging, Sheena Bora's murder mystery further deepens
- Sheena Bora murder: Mikhail to be brought to Mumbai for questioning
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past
- Sheena Bora murder case: When Indrani Mukerjea broke down during questioning
- Ravi Shastri reveals truth behind MS Dhoni's sudden Test retirement!