Inquiry commission to reach riot-hit Muzaffarnagar on Oct 6
Muzaffarnagar: The one-member inquiry commission of retired Justice Vishnu Sahai constituted by the UP government to probe the recent Muzaffarnagar violence will reach here on October 6, a senior official said on Friday.
The commission will be working from the camp office of Naveen Mandi guesthouse here. The first meeting of the commission will decide on preliminary actions and proceedings, Kaushal Raj Sharma, District Magistrate said.
The statements, whether oral or written, will be entertained by the commission from October 6 to October 8 here, he said.
The commission, constituted on September 9, will mainly look into administrative lapses, if any, in controlling the violence, and will submit its report to the government within two months.
Justice Vishnu Sahai is a retired judge of the Allahabad High Court.
The last month`s communal clashes in Muzaffarnagar and adjoining areas have claimed 62 lives and displaced over 40,000 people.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- Pakistan can inflict 'heavy losses' in war with India: Khawaja Muhammad Asif
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- PM Modi releases digital version of Ramcharitmanas musical