Inquiry commission to reach riot-hit Muzaffarnagar on Oct 6
Muzaffarnagar: The one-member inquiry commission of retired Justice Vishnu Sahai constituted by the UP government to probe the recent Muzaffarnagar violence will reach here on October 6, a senior official said on Friday.
The commission will be working from the camp office of Naveen Mandi guesthouse here. The first meeting of the commission will decide on preliminary actions and proceedings, Kaushal Raj Sharma, District Magistrate said.
The statements, whether oral or written, will be entertained by the commission from October 6 to October 8 here, he said.
The commission, constituted on September 9, will mainly look into administrative lapses, if any, in controlling the violence, and will submit its report to the government within two months.
Justice Vishnu Sahai is a retired judge of the Allahabad High Court.
The last month`s communal clashes in Muzaffarnagar and adjoining areas have claimed 62 lives and displaced over 40,000 people.
- PM Narendra Modi may quash MPs' dreams of 100% salary hike - Know why
- Who’s the ‘Secret Superstar’ in Aamir Khan’s next film?
- Know Vijay Mallya's Rajya Sabha journey
- Lifestyle, self-care, diet tips to deal with asthma!
- Rayudu vs Harbhajan, Kohli vs Gambhir – Watch the biggest fights from the Indian Premier League