Inquiry commission to reach riot-hit Muzaffarnagar on Oct 6
Muzaffarnagar: The one-member inquiry commission of retired Justice Vishnu Sahai constituted by the UP government to probe the recent Muzaffarnagar violence will reach here on October 6, a senior official said on Friday.
The commission will be working from the camp office of Naveen Mandi guesthouse here. The first meeting of the commission will decide on preliminary actions and proceedings, Kaushal Raj Sharma, District Magistrate said.
The statements, whether oral or written, will be entertained by the commission from October 6 to October 8 here, he said.
The commission, constituted on September 9, will mainly look into administrative lapses, if any, in controlling the violence, and will submit its report to the government within two months.
Justice Vishnu Sahai is a retired judge of the Allahabad High Court.
The last month`s communal clashes in Muzaffarnagar and adjoining areas have claimed 62 lives and displaced over 40,000 people.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will India's strategies change over issues with Pakistan?
- Will India's strategies change over issues with Pakistan? - Part II
- Will India's strategies change over issues with Pakistan? - Part III
- Will India's strategies change over issues with Pakistan? - Part IV
- Exclusive: Home Minister Rajnath Singh in conversation with Sudhir Chaudhary
- Have you ever encountered death? These people did and were lucky to survive it – Watch
- Badaun re-run? Teenage girl murdered after gang-rape, body hanged from tree in UP
- Teen sensation Marcus Rashford signs bumper long-term contract at Manchester United: Reports
- Mexican soccer star Alan Pulido kidnapped in border state
- Sania Mirza-Martina Hingis pair crashes out of French Open