Inquiry commission to reach riot-hit Muzaffarnagar on Oct 6
Muzaffarnagar: The one-member inquiry commission of retired Justice Vishnu Sahai constituted by the UP government to probe the recent Muzaffarnagar violence will reach here on October 6, a senior official said on Friday.
The commission will be working from the camp office of Naveen Mandi guesthouse here. The first meeting of the commission will decide on preliminary actions and proceedings, Kaushal Raj Sharma, District Magistrate said.
The statements, whether oral or written, will be entertained by the commission from October 6 to October 8 here, he said.
The commission, constituted on September 9, will mainly look into administrative lapses, if any, in controlling the violence, and will submit its report to the government within two months.
Justice Vishnu Sahai is a retired judge of the Allahabad High Court.
The last month`s communal clashes in Muzaffarnagar and adjoining areas have claimed 62 lives and displaced over 40,000 people.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- Those ready to work 20 hours daily are welcome, rest can leave - UP CM Yogi Adityanath's message to govt officials