Intensify patrolling, be sensitive to poor, UP DGP tells cops
Ghaziabad: Newly appointed Director General of Uttar Pradesh Police (DGP) Devraj Nagar Tuesday instructed police to intensify patrolling and sensitise their officials in dealing with the weaker sections of society.
Nagar was addressing police officers of Meerut zone here at Ghaziabad police lines.
During his 13 points tip to police officers of western Uttar Pradesh, the DGP asked them to refresh the list of prized criminals, watch their relatives activities closely, prepare a list of new gangsters, track the history of old gangsters, watch their activities and apply the National Security Act on them if needed.
The DGP asked police to intensify patrolling.
He asked police to minimize the response time to calls to police control rooms (PCR).
The DGP also stressed the need to intensify the intelligence units, especially in communally sensitive, areas so that preventive measures could be taken before any incident.
Station house officers were told to interact more with villagers and the poor.
The meeting was attended by the senior police officials of Meerut, Ghaziabad, Baghpat, Hapur, G.B. Nagar and Bulandshahr districts.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- More than 9 lakh people participated in the oath-taking ceremony of Donald Trump
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog
- Jallikattu protests LIVE: Fire at police station near Chennai's Marina Beach; police disperse protesters
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP