Inter-state arms smugglers held in UP; explosives seized
Lucknow: Three alleged arms smugglers were
today arrested from Chandauli district of Uttar Pradesh and a
huge cache of explosives was seized from them, a senior police
officer said today.
The accused, all residents of Bihar, were held from near
Pratappur culvert under Kotwali police station area and police
have recovered 350 detonators, other explosive materials, a
nine mm carbine, a SBBL gun and cartridges from them, ADG (Law
and Order) Brij Lal said.
The trio confessed during interrogation that they used to
bring explosives and weapons from Bihar and sell them off in
different parts of Uttar Pradesh, Lal said.
He said prima facie they do not appear to be involved in
Naxal activities but detailed inquiries are on.
The accused have many cases, including murder and dacoity
charges, lodged against them in Bihar, the officer said.
The arrested have been identified as Chavinath Yadav, Ram
Bali Musahar and Rajeshwar Prasad, all hailing from Bhahua
area of Bihar`s Kaimur district.
Meanwhile, in another incident, three people were
arrested in Jhansi along with 20 detonators and 25 gelatin
sticks, Lal said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- Army camp attacked in J&K's Kupwara; three JeM terrorists, one civilian killed
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Aamir Khan's 12-day mystery: From lauding Modi's 'positive India' to dubbing India as 'intolerant'