Inter-state arms smugglers held in UP; explosives seized
Lucknow: Three alleged arms smugglers were
today arrested from Chandauli district of Uttar Pradesh and a
huge cache of explosives was seized from them, a senior police
officer said today.
The accused, all residents of Bihar, were held from near
Pratappur culvert under Kotwali police station area and police
have recovered 350 detonators, other explosive materials, a
nine mm carbine, a SBBL gun and cartridges from them, ADG (Law
and Order) Brij Lal said.
The trio confessed during interrogation that they used to
bring explosives and weapons from Bihar and sell them off in
different parts of Uttar Pradesh, Lal said.
He said prima facie they do not appear to be involved in
Naxal activities but detailed inquiries are on.
The accused have many cases, including murder and dacoity
charges, lodged against them in Bihar, the officer said.
The arrested have been identified as Chavinath Yadav, Ram
Bali Musahar and Rajeshwar Prasad, all hailing from Bhahua
area of Bihar`s Kaimur district.
Meanwhile, in another incident, three people were
arrested in Jhansi along with 20 detonators and 25 gelatin
sticks, Lal said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Pakistan behind increasing train accidents in India?
- DNA: Beaten by mob in Kolkata, US NRI vows never to return in India
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- DNA: Has bad time started for American 'media' after Donald Trump became US President?
- WATCH: Epic Staredown between Goldberg, The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar at WWE Raw
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Jaya and Amitabh Bachchan living separately: Amar Singh makes shocking revelations