Inter-state drug racket busted, three held
Allahabad: An inter-state drugs racket was busted here Monday with the arrest of three persons hailing from Orissa and seizure of a truck containing 700 kg of hemp, worth around Rs 20 crore in the international market, police said.
Acting on a tip-off, a Special Operations Group of the district police intercepted the truck, carrying four smugglers in Shivkuti area of the city, they said.
The smugglers, identified as Trilochan and Janmejay Sahu, both hailing from Jajpur district of Orissa and Niranjan Sahu from Khurd district of the state were arrested along with the narcotics, police said.
However, their fourth accomplice managed to flee the spot, they said.
During interrogation, the trio admitted that they were taking the drugs to the neighbouring district of Mirzapur from where they intended to sell it to various dealers.
The accused has been booked under the relevant sections of NDPS Act while a manhunt has been launched to nab the absconding smuggler.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi