Inter-state lottery fraud busted
Dehri-on-sone: An inter-state
racket which cheated and defrauded people in the name of
lottery was busted with the arrest of three members of a gang
involved in it by Bihar police from Bijnor district of Uttar
Rohtas superintendent of police Manu Maharaj on Saturday
said the district police made the arrests after receiving
complaints from a person from Chenari that unknown persons had
asked him to immediately deposit Rs 50,000 in an account for
getting lottery prize of Rs 15 lakh.
The person deposited a total Rs 10 lakh in 21 bank
accounts for the prize till January 28 this year but later
found it was a fraud and lodged an FIR with the police.
Following it a special team led by sub-inspector
Ramesh Prasad Singh was sent to Bijnor, who raided different
places and succeeded in arresting the three and recovered the
money from their bank accounts.
As the fraud was found to be a major one and defrauded
common people in various states, Maharaj said he has requested
Bihar government to recommend a CBI probe into it.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pakistan able to target Delhi from Kahuta near Rawalpindi in five minutes: Dr Abdul Qadeer Khan
- US zoo kills gorilla after 3-year-old boy falls into enclosure
- EC cancels polls for two remaining Tamil Nadu Assembly seats - Know why
- Cloudbursts, rainfall in Tehri district of Uttarakhand; Gangotri-Kedarnath road closed, pilgrims stranded
- WATCH HIGHLIGHTS: Real Madrid vs Atletico Madrid - UEFA Champions League final