‘Irked’ Vinay Katiyar threatens to take ‘sanyas’
Ayodhya: Bharatiya Janata Party’s revival plans received another jolt on Sunday when irked by his negligence within the party general secretary Vinay Katiyar threatened to take sanyas from active politics.
"My mind is fed up of politics. I want to take sanyas," Katiyar said.
Speaking to media here, Katiyar said that he is disappointed the apathy in the party and wants to devote more time to religious and spiritual activities after quitting the politics.
However, when queried whether he was resigning from the Rajya Sabha when his term ends in 2012, Katiyar said "don`t link this (sanyas) with the Rajya Sabha. Politics is temporary while spiritualism is permanent".
He gave a similar reply when asked whether he would give up the post of general secretary of BJP.
Katiyar said that he is not being given any big responsibility in the party and that has led to his aversion from politics.
He made these comments while beginning his one-month long ‘kalpvaas’ in Ayodhya.
BJP sources said this could be an attempt by Katiyar to build pressure on Gadkari to give him a more important post in the new team.
Some others feel that he could be preparing the ground for an excuse in case he does not figure in the new set up as he is already saying he is interested in political sanyas.
Katiyar has been the flag-bearer of the saffron brigade for more than a decade now and worked closely with the top leadership of the party. He also played an active role in BJP’s Ram Janmabhoomi Andolan.
Katiyar is yet another ‘Hindutva’ leader after Kalyan Singh, Uma Bharti and Jaswant Singh who either distanced themselves or were asked to leave the party.
He worked with Vishwa Hindu Parishad (VHP) and Bajrang Dal before joining BJP where he rose in the ranks of the party.
With PTI inputs
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre