Iron rod pierces through driver`s body in bus-truck collision
Gorakhpur: A 7-ft long iron rod pierced through the body of a truck driver after his vehicle collided with a truck in Ballia district of Uttar Pradesh, police said on Tuesday.
The head-on collision took place yesterday on Belthara road-Deoria route.
The UP Roadways driver, though wreathing in pain, managed to stop the vehicle near the roadside, thereby saving the lives of 31 passengers onboard the bus, they said.
A rescue team was rushed to the spot, which took him out of the vehicle with the help of a glass cutter. He was admitted to a nursing home in Gorakhpur where he underwent a five-hour long operation yesterday.
This is the second such case since last year, when a Delhi resident Supratim Dutta suffered a similar injury after his office car rammed against a metro barricade.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- China 'threatened' by ISRO's record-setting achievement?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Pune Test: Virender Sehwag could have saved India from embarrassment, says former Aussie stars
- WATCH: MS Dhoni rips apart bowlers to smash brilliant 129-run knock in Vijay Hazare Trophy