Iron rod pierces through driver`s body in bus-truck collision
Gorakhpur: A 7-ft long iron rod pierced through the body of a truck driver after his vehicle collided with a truck in Ballia district of Uttar Pradesh, police said on Tuesday.
The head-on collision took place yesterday on Belthara road-Deoria route.
The UP Roadways driver, though wreathing in pain, managed to stop the vehicle near the roadside, thereby saving the lives of 31 passengers onboard the bus, they said.
A rescue team was rushed to the spot, which took him out of the vehicle with the help of a glass cutter. He was admitted to a nursing home in Gorakhpur where he underwent a five-hour long operation yesterday.
This is the second such case since last year, when a Delhi resident Supratim Dutta suffered a similar injury after his office car rammed against a metro barricade.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?
- PM Narendra Modi meets journalists at Diwali Milan
- Day/Night Test: Cricketers mock DRS, Nigel Llong decision on Nathan Lyon howler