Iron rod pierces through driver`s body in bus-truck collision
Gorakhpur: A 7-ft long iron rod pierced through the body of a truck driver after his vehicle collided with a truck in Ballia district of Uttar Pradesh, police said on Tuesday.
The head-on collision took place yesterday on Belthara road-Deoria route.
The UP Roadways driver, though wreathing in pain, managed to stop the vehicle near the roadside, thereby saving the lives of 31 passengers onboard the bus, they said.
A rescue team was rushed to the spot, which took him out of the vehicle with the help of a glass cutter. He was admitted to a nursing home in Gorakhpur where he underwent a five-hour long operation yesterday.
This is the second such case since last year, when a Delhi resident Supratim Dutta suffered a similar injury after his office car rammed against a metro barricade.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Radhe Maa dances at casino in London, claims video
- Why CBI is worried about Indian men’s lust for violent porn
- Lalu Prasad Yadav challenges Narendra Modi over 'shaitan' comment, demands PM's apology