Iron rod pierces through driver`s body in bus-truck collision
Gorakhpur: A 7-ft long iron rod pierced through the body of a truck driver after his vehicle collided with a truck in Ballia district of Uttar Pradesh, police said on Tuesday.
The head-on collision took place yesterday on Belthara road-Deoria route.
The UP Roadways driver, though wreathing in pain, managed to stop the vehicle near the roadside, thereby saving the lives of 31 passengers onboard the bus, they said.
A rescue team was rushed to the spot, which took him out of the vehicle with the help of a glass cutter. He was admitted to a nursing home in Gorakhpur where he underwent a five-hour long operation yesterday.
This is the second such case since last year, when a Delhi resident Supratim Dutta suffered a similar injury after his office car rammed against a metro barricade.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list