Irregularities in MGNREGS: FIR against panchayat chief, 6 others
Amethi: An FIR has lodged against Harikaranpur gram panchayat pradhan and six others in connection with irregularities in implementation of central rural job scheme and misuse of funds.
Jamo block development officer Brij Bhan Singh lodged the FIR at Jamo police station today against pradhan Ms Isadul and her brother-in law Raish and four other panchayat officials, following instructions from Amethi district magistrate Jagat Raj Tripathi.
The FIR was lodged for irregularities in implementation of Mahatma Gandhi National Rural Employment Guarantee Scheme (MGNREGS) and misuse of funds.
The FIR was filed following an investigation report by the state level MGNREGS committee, the Amethi DM said.
Others named in FIR are gram vikas adhikari Amar Prasad, technical assistance Kaju Prasad and Anil Kumar and rojgar sewak Imran.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- Exclusive interview with Usman Majid, MLA, J&K Congress
- Four Indians kidnapped in Libya; Islamic State hand suspected
- Parties should be united against terrorism, says Rajnath Singh
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- Cristiano Ronaldo great, but Lionel Messi is greatest: Xavi Hernandez