Irregularities in MGNREGS: FIR against panchayat chief, 6 others
Amethi: An FIR has lodged against Harikaranpur gram panchayat pradhan and six others in connection with irregularities in implementation of central rural job scheme and misuse of funds.
Jamo block development officer Brij Bhan Singh lodged the FIR at Jamo police station today against pradhan Ms Isadul and her brother-in law Raish and four other panchayat officials, following instructions from Amethi district magistrate Jagat Raj Tripathi.
The FIR was lodged for irregularities in implementation of Mahatma Gandhi National Rural Employment Guarantee Scheme (MGNREGS) and misuse of funds.
The FIR was filed following an investigation report by the state level MGNREGS committee, the Amethi DM said.
Others named in FIR are gram vikas adhikari Amar Prasad, technical assistance Kaju Prasad and Anil Kumar and rojgar sewak Imran.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- J Jayalalithaa passes away: Know what all she left behind in assets
- After Jayalalithaa, Sasikala Natarajan holds all cards – Know more about her