Irregularities in UP govt hospital, CMS suspended
Bulandshahr: The Chief Medical
Superintendent of a state-run hospital here was suspended
after glaring irregularities were found during an inspection,
a top district official said on Friday.
Babu Banarasi Das hospital CMS R K Varma was suspended
on Thursday after irregularities were detected in the hospital
during a surprise check, District Magistrate Kamini Chauhan
During the inspection conducted by health officials on
November 29, it was found that patients were being forced to
buy medicines from private stores and get their medical tests
done from other hospitals, she said.
The patients also alleged ill-treatment by doctors and
medical staff, the DM said.
CMS Varma was suspended and attached to additional
director of health (Meerut) for not taking action against the
erring medical officials, she said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi