Irregularities in UP govt hospital, CMS suspended
Bulandshahr: The Chief Medical
Superintendent of a state-run hospital here was suspended
after glaring irregularities were found during an inspection,
a top district official said on Friday.
Babu Banarasi Das hospital CMS R K Varma was suspended
on Thursday after irregularities were detected in the hospital
during a surprise check, District Magistrate Kamini Chauhan
During the inspection conducted by health officials on
November 29, it was found that patients were being forced to
buy medicines from private stores and get their medical tests
done from other hospitals, she said.
The patients also alleged ill-treatment by doctors and
medical staff, the DM said.
CMS Varma was suspended and attached to additional
director of health (Meerut) for not taking action against the
erring medical officials, she said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin brought to Delhi
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating on 'record' Puma deal
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal