Irregularities in UP govt hospital, CMS suspended
Bulandshahr: The Chief Medical
Superintendent of a state-run hospital here was suspended
after glaring irregularities were found during an inspection,
a top district official said on Friday.
Babu Banarasi Das hospital CMS R K Varma was suspended
on Thursday after irregularities were detected in the hospital
during a surprise check, District Magistrate Kamini Chauhan
During the inspection conducted by health officials on
November 29, it was found that patients were being forced to
buy medicines from private stores and get their medical tests
done from other hospitals, she said.
The patients also alleged ill-treatment by doctors and
medical staff, the DM said.
CMS Varma was suspended and attached to additional
director of health (Meerut) for not taking action against the
erring medical officials, she said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trouble mounts for Salman Khan as driver reiterates that actor killed blackbuck
- PM Modi to chair NITI aayog meeting today
- Narsingh Yadav dope scandal: NADA set to announce verdict today
- Protests in Kashmir were fuelled by LeT: Hafiz Saeed
- Cabinet approves changes to GST Bill, drops 1% additional tax
- Curfew continues only in 3 south Kashmir districts
- Samsung beat Apple in smartphone shipments amid positive results
- Hafiz Saeed leaves Pakistan fuming, claims protests in Kashmir were fuelled by LeT
- I have aged not Michelle: Obama
- Look what Sidharth Malhotra has to say about PM Narendra Modi and President Pranab Mukherjee’s ‘Kala Chashma’