Islamic seminary issues `fatwa` against female foeticide
Lucknow: An Islamic seminary has issued a
decree (fatwa) terming female foeticide as forbidden for Muslims.
The fatwa was issued by a four-member panel of the
Darul Uloom Firangi Mahal on a query posted by social activist
from Bhadewan Huma Khwaja, who inquired about the legal status
of female foeticide under the Shariat.
She inquired what is the Shariat`s view on the
practice of sex determination by Muslims. She also asked
whether aborting female foetus was permitted by the Quran.
The fatwa states that abortion after getting
information about the sex of the foetus is a violation of the
Shariat and forbidden for Muslims.
"As killing a person is not right, slicing of one`s
own limb is equally prohibited," the fatwa said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- GUJCET Results 2015 declared on gseb.org
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday