‘Issue white paper on money spent on parks’
New Delhi: Rashtriya Lokmanch president Amar Singh on Tuesday demanded a white paper from Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Mayawati on the money spent in constructing Ambedkar parks in Noida and Lucknow and that spent on welfare of the people.
Reacting to a decision of the Mayawati cabinet favouring four-way division of the state, Singh -- a Rajya Sabha MP from Uttar Pradesh -- said the chief minister should tell how much her government had spent on welfare of the people living in the proposed states of Bundelkhand, Purvanchal and Awadh Pradesh - compared to the money spent on statues built in the two parks.
Singh, whose party favours creation of a separate Purvanchal state from Uttar Pradesh, said he had been holding marches and rallies on the issue for the past several months.
"I am humbly requesting Mayawati-ji... issue a white paper on how much has been spent in Ambedkar parks in Noida and Lucknow and how much you have spent in your entire tenure in the proposed states of Bundelkhand, Purvanchal and Awadh Pradesh... How much money has been spent on people who are alive," Singh said.
He said people from Uttar Pradesh had been toiling hard in states like Punjab, Maharashtra and Assam bearing hardships to save some money for their families back home but statues on which money had been spent by Mayawati were lifeless and do not undergo suffering.
Singh said he had been going on "Purvanchal swabhiman yatras (Purvanchal self-respect marches)" and holding demonstrations to push for carving out a new state.
The Mayawati cabinet Tuesday decided to divide the state into four: Purvanchal, Pashchim Pradesh, Bundelkhand and Awadh Pradesh. The chief minister said her government will get a resolution passed in the assembly on the issue.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- Virat Kohli's 'shot of the year' already has a big challenger – See video to believe!
- WATCH: Dope-tainted Brock Lesnar causes carnage on return to WWE Raw ahead of Royal Rumble