‘I’ve full information about cash-for-vote case’
New Delhi: Rajya Sabha MP Amar Singh, facing
prosecution for his alleged role in the 2008 cash-for-vote
scam, today claimed he has "full information" about the
episode but refused to comment as case is sub-judice.
"I have full information about the case. But I will not
comment as the matter is sub-judice," Singh said addressing a
press conference here.
Singh, who was undergoing treatment under judicial
custody at the All India Institute of Medical Sciences
(AIIMS), was granted bail by the Delhi High Court on October
24 on "humanitarian grounds" in view of his medical condition.
The former Samajwadi Party leader said he has full faith
in judiciary and would not comment on the scam although a
section in SP was trying to "defame" him.
He said he would go to Singapore either on November 15 or
16 for further treatment of his kidney ailment.
"I have delayed my visit to Singapore as my doctor has
gone to the US. Now I have planned to go to Singapore either
on November 15 or 16. I will apprise the court about my travel
plan," he said.
A Delhi court on November one had allowed him to go to
Singapore from November 8 to November 30, stipulating that
he would have to furnish a surety bond of Rs 5 lakh before
Singh had moved the court last month for its permission
to go abroad. The high court, while granting bail to Singh,
had said that he would not leave the country without prior
permission of the lower court. He was arrested in the
cash-for-vote case on September 6.
During the press conference, Singh demanded creation of a
Poorvanchal state curved out of Uttar Pradesh and asked Chief
Minister Mayawati to bring a proposal in this regard in the
winter session of state Assembly.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- DNA: Analysing the existing poor condition of Indian education system
- DNA: Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; Seven Pak Rangers killed
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you