Jagdambika Pal hits back at Khurshid
Lucknow: Former Congress leader Jagdambika Pal Wednesday hit back at External Affairs Minister Salman Khurshid for reportedly calling him greedy by raking up the controversy over a trust run by the minister`s family.
Addressing a press conference, he claimed that a camp to claimed to have been set up in district Siddhartnagar in 2009-2010 by the Zakir Hussain Memorial Trust to help physically challenged was not held at all.
Pal also levelled other allegations and said he will write to Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav for a proper inquiry.
Khurshid has, hoewever, rejected allegations of any misuse of Trust funds.
Asked whether he finds Narendra Modi having prime minister`s potential, Pal, who recently quit Congress and is said to be cosying up to BJP, said it would be decided by the people of the country and not by him.
He, however, said that in politics there are no permanent friends or foes and that he would seek re-election from his Domariyaganj seat.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- Kejriwal knew Tomar possessed fake degree, says Yogendra Yadav
- Shiv Sena slams HC order banning erection of pandals on roads
- Top leader of NSCN(K) arrested for Manipur attacks by NIA
- Vijender Singh turns professional boxer, to miss 2016 Rio Olympics
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report
- Chinese military research academy praises India's main battle tank Arjun, says it's 'very good'
- Gangster Abu Salem ready to tie the knot with girl seeking to marry him
- Vijender Singh brings down curtains on India career, turns professional