Jailed BSP MP Kadir Rana hospitalised
Muzaffarnagar: BSP MP Kadir Rana, arrested for his alleged role in Muzaffarnagar communal riots, was hospitalised after he fainted in a jail here, authorities said on Wednesday.
Rana fell unconscious last night due to high blood pressure, following which he was admitted to the government hospital in the city, Jailor of the District Jail Mizazilal said.
However, doctors of the district hospital later transferred Rana to the Meerut medical college, he said.
After evading arrest for more than three months, Rana surrendered before a local court yesterday and was sent to 14-day judicial custody.
Rana was booked for his alleged hate speech in Khalapar area of the city on August 30, when public gatherings were banned by the authorities after three young men were killed due to a communal dispute in Kawal village in the district on August 27.
The Lok Sabha MP from Muzaffarnagar had been missing ever since the riots broke out on September 7.
Earlier, the court had issued non-bailable warrants against 16 politicians including Rana.
Rana left the Samajwadi Party in 2007 to join Rashtriya Lok Dal and then switched to BSP in 2009. There are a total of four criminal cases against him, including murder, attempt to murder and robbery.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa