Jailed MP found praying at temple in UP
Lucknow: Police is investigating reports that jailed Samajwadi Party MP Vijay Mishra visited a temple allegedly without court permission during his stay at a hospital for treatment.
Mishra, an accused in the bomb attack on then minister Nand Gopal Gupta Nandi on July 12, 2010, is in jail since his arrest last year. He is currently undergoing treatment at Balrampur hospital here on court orders.
Mishra reached a Hanuman temple on Tuesday to pay obeisance allegedly without the permission of the court.
"The matter is not in my knowledge. I will collect information about it and inquire into the incident," Inspector General, law and order, B P Singh said when asked about the MLAs movements.
Mishra was earlier spotted at a lunch hosted for UPA Presidential candidate Pranab Mukherjee on July 3. He had been given permission by the court to attend the Assembly session, which ended on July 3, but was also present at the lunch.
The state government had ordered a probe in that case.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Rahul Gandhi's and Congress' Twitter accounts hacked: Who's behind it?
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Watch - Parrikar's reply to Mamata's military coup claim
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 4.7 crore cash in Rs 2000 notes! Biggest seizure in new currency post demonetisation - What I-T recovered from Bengaluru, Chennai and Erode
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'