Jaiswal and Opposition party leaders invited for Modi`s Kanpur rally
Kanpur: The district unit of BJP has invited leaders from all Opposition parties, including Union Minister Shriprakash Jaiswal, for its prime ministerial candidate Narendra Modi`s first rally in the state in Kanpur on October 19.
"For this rally, all people have been invited irrespective of the caste, religion or party they belong to. Kanpur MP and Union Coal Minister Shriprakash Jaiswal has also been invited for the rally," said Surendra Maithani, district chief of the BJP.
"Also, two SP ministers, MLAs and senior leaders of the party, BSP leaders and leaders of other Opposition parties have been invited," he said.
On being asked whether Jaiswal and leaders from Opposition parties will accept their invitation, Maithani said, "as a good host it is our duty to invite people, but whether they want to come or not, depends on them."
One lakh invitation cards have printed for the rally in which leaders and spiritual gurus of all religions have also been invited, Maithani said.
Around 10,000 party workers will look after the arrangements of the rally, he added.
BJP president Rajnath Singh will also attend the rally.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- Exclusive interview with Usman Majid, MLA, J&K Congress
- Four Indians kidnapped in Libya; Islamic State hand suspected
- Parties should be united against terrorism, says Rajnath Singh
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- Cristiano Ronaldo great, but Lionel Messi is greatest: Xavi Hernandez