Jaiswal attacks UP govt for `breakdown` in law & order
Kanpur: Union minister Sriprakash Jaiswal, who led the protest of Congress workers against the SP-led UP government here on Saturday, alleged that most of the development projects in the city were lying incomplete in spite of release of funds by the Centre.
Jaiswal, who is MP from the city, attacked the ruling SP government for "complete breakdown in law and order" in the state.
"Incidents of rape, eve-teasing and other crimes have become rampant," he said.
The state government is not "adequately spending" the funds sanctioned under Jawaharlal Nehru National Urban Renewal Mission for the city.
"Funds were issued for changing the old sewer lines in the city and also for the construction of roads," he said.
"Though some of the sewage work has been completed, questions are being raised over the quality of work while the roads dug up are still in a complete mess," Jaiswal said.
BJP also held a demonstration at the city`s `Bada Chowraha` crossing against the Congress MP.
BJP members, led by MLA Satish Mahan, attacked Jaiswal for "lack of development" in the city.
"Jaiswal, who is a three-time MP from the city, has done nothing and had just laid foundation stones," BJP MLA Salil Bishnoi had said yesterday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mild earthquake jolts Rajasthan, no damage reported
- Leander Paes, Sania Mirza advance at US Open
- Yakub Memon, Afzal Guru's executions were politically motivated: Justice AP Shah
- Sheena Bora case: This is how Indrani Mukerjea got idea to plot a 'perfect murder'
- OROP stalemate to end soon, Govt's draft agreement ready, claim sources