Jaiswal complains about power cuts in Kanpur
Kanpur: Irked at the erratic power supply in this city, Union Coal Minister Sriprakash Jaiswal has complained to Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav.
Jaiswal, wrote a letter to the CM demanding adequate power supply in his constituency.
He urged the district authorities of minimising load shedding in order to give respite to people from this hot weather. Local businesses are also suffering due to load shedding, he said.
He alleged that Kanpur`s quota of power supply was being transferred to other districts of the state and demanded CM`s intervention on the issue.
Meanwhile, protests on streets by residents against these unannounced load shedding have become common in the city. The district authorities have asked the police to be vigilant so that no untoward incidence takes place.
Fearing adverse impact of frequent power cuts on local body elections, other parties, too, have raised the issue with the electricity department and state government.
BJP MLA Salil Bishnoi said he would raise the issue in the upcoming assembly session.
"Six to seven hours of power cuts are regular. And only when the grid frequency goes down we are forced to cut the power supply," said a senior official of KESCO urging people to understand their helplessness.
"We can only supply the amount of power that we are given. If we do not have power how can we give it," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Flying Jadeja: MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli floored by Ravindra Jadeja's brilliant fielding effort – WATCH