Jaiswal complains about power cuts in Kanpur
Kanpur: Irked at the erratic power supply in this city, Union Coal Minister Sriprakash Jaiswal has complained to Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav.
Jaiswal, wrote a letter to the CM demanding adequate power supply in his constituency.
He urged the district authorities of minimising load shedding in order to give respite to people from this hot weather. Local businesses are also suffering due to load shedding, he said.
He alleged that Kanpur`s quota of power supply was being transferred to other districts of the state and demanded CM`s intervention on the issue.
Meanwhile, protests on streets by residents against these unannounced load shedding have become common in the city. The district authorities have asked the police to be vigilant so that no untoward incidence takes place.
Fearing adverse impact of frequent power cuts on local body elections, other parties, too, have raised the issue with the electricity department and state government.
BJP MLA Salil Bishnoi said he would raise the issue in the upcoming assembly session.
"Six to seven hours of power cuts are regular. And only when the grid frequency goes down we are forced to cut the power supply," said a senior official of KESCO urging people to understand their helplessness.
"We can only supply the amount of power that we are given. If we do not have power how can we give it," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Heat ave continues in India, death toll climbs to over 1,400
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan slapped with Rs 1 crore notice
- Kenyan lawyer offers to marry Barack Obama's daughter Malia
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- Maggi likely to face ban in India!
- Salman Khan accident files burnt in Mantralaya fire
- AIB: The 'Third Gender's right to dignity'
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads- Part II
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- mahresult.nic.in updated with MSBSHSE Maharashtra HSC Class XII Result 2015
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- PMO website revamped, now send e-mail to PM Modi directly
- GUJCET Results 2015 declared on gseb.org
- Pakistan break Team India's long-standing ODI record at home soil
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday
- Gujjar agitation: Centre sending additional forces to vacate rail tracks, say sources
- Islamic State attracts young recruits with free honeymoon, stipend for family
- MSBSHSE Class XII HSC results 2015: Maharashtra Class 12th Board results declared on mahresult.nic.in
- Former Bihar CM Jitan Ram Manjhi meets PM Modi, triggers tie-up speculation
- Log on to cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.nic.in at 2 pm for Class 10th Result 2015