Jaiswal dares Maya to order CBI probe into MGNREGA
Rampur: Alleging huge embezzlement of
funds in implementation of MGNREGA scheme in Uttar Pradesh,
Union Minister Sriprakash Jaiswal on Sunday dared Chief Minister
Mayawati to recommend a CBI probe into the issue.
"MGNREGA`s implementation in UP is the biggest scam of
the country," he told a `Kisan Mahapanchayat` at Khauvt
village in the district.
Underscoring Rural Development Minister Jairam Ramesh`s
accusations against the Mayawati government of not taking
adequate action against those involved in embezzling MGNREGA
funds, Jaiswal asked her to order a CBI inquiry into the
The Union Coal Minister also attacked BJP leader LK
Advani and said his `Jan Chetna Yatra` was a "fraud" and "an
attempt to copy Rahul Gandhi`s yatras" in rural areas.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row
- JNU students call terrorist Afzal Guru a martyr amid anti-nationalist slogans
- DNA: Siachen survivor Hanumanthappa fights for life as India prays for him
- DNA: JNU students clash over Afzal Guru row
- DNA: Know about world's highest battlefield Siachen
- Drunk girl creates ruckus in Delhi's Connaught Place; arrested - Watch
- JNU erupts over 'Shaheed Afzal Guru', 'Azad Kashmir'; rival student groups clash, police deployed
- AAP poster showing Arvind Kejriwal with Bhindranwale sparks row in Punjab
- Video of Hanumanthappa's rescue that went viral on social media is fake - Watch
- Paid sex: Good or bad? This girl was too eager to find out - Watch what happened!