Jaiswal dares Maya to order CBI probe into MGNREGA
Rampur: Alleging huge embezzlement of
funds in implementation of MGNREGA scheme in Uttar Pradesh,
Union Minister Sriprakash Jaiswal on Sunday dared Chief Minister
Mayawati to recommend a CBI probe into the issue.
"MGNREGA`s implementation in UP is the biggest scam of
the country," he told a `Kisan Mahapanchayat` at Khauvt
village in the district.
Underscoring Rural Development Minister Jairam Ramesh`s
accusations against the Mayawati government of not taking
adequate action against those involved in embezzling MGNREGA
funds, Jaiswal asked her to order a CBI inquiry into the
The Union Coal Minister also attacked BJP leader LK
Advani and said his `Jan Chetna Yatra` was a "fraud" and "an
attempt to copy Rahul Gandhi`s yatras" in rural areas.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Sheena Bora murder case: Peter Mukerjea's statement recorded, police search his Worli residence
- Modi effect! Pakistan-occupied Kashmir wants to be part of India
- Rafiabad encounter ends with one terrorist dead; an Army jawan also martyred