Jaiswal dares Maya to order CBI probe into MGNREGA
Rampur: Alleging huge embezzlement of
funds in implementation of MGNREGA scheme in Uttar Pradesh,
Union Minister Sriprakash Jaiswal on Sunday dared Chief Minister
Mayawati to recommend a CBI probe into the issue.
"MGNREGA`s implementation in UP is the biggest scam of
the country," he told a `Kisan Mahapanchayat` at Khauvt
village in the district.
Underscoring Rural Development Minister Jairam Ramesh`s
accusations against the Mayawati government of not taking
adequate action against those involved in embezzling MGNREGA
funds, Jaiswal asked her to order a CBI inquiry into the
The Union Coal Minister also attacked BJP leader LK
Advani and said his `Jan Chetna Yatra` was a "fraud" and "an
attempt to copy Rahul Gandhi`s yatras" in rural areas.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray