Jaiswal dares Maya to order CBI probe into MGNREGA
Rampur: Alleging huge embezzlement of
funds in implementation of MGNREGA scheme in Uttar Pradesh,
Union Minister Sriprakash Jaiswal on Sunday dared Chief Minister
Mayawati to recommend a CBI probe into the issue.
"MGNREGA`s implementation in UP is the biggest scam of
the country," he told a `Kisan Mahapanchayat` at Khauvt
village in the district.
Underscoring Rural Development Minister Jairam Ramesh`s
accusations against the Mayawati government of not taking
adequate action against those involved in embezzling MGNREGA
funds, Jaiswal asked her to order a CBI inquiry into the
The Union Coal Minister also attacked BJP leader LK
Advani and said his `Jan Chetna Yatra` was a "fraud" and "an
attempt to copy Rahul Gandhi`s yatras" in rural areas.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- London terrorist attack leaves five dead, including police officer
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why