Jaiswal meets civil aviation minister for new airport
Kanpur: Union coal minister Shriprakash Jaiswal met Civil Aviation Minister Ajit Singh and discussed the expansion of air services from the Chakeri airport and establishment of a new airport in the city.
Jaiswal requested Singh to speed up expansion work at Indian Air Force station`s Chakeri airport and initiate Delhi-Kanpur-Mumbai flight, an official statement said on Friday.
Singh assured Jaiswal during the meeting yesterday in Delhi that the needful would be done at the earliest, official sources said.
Earlier, Jaiswal had written to the civil aviation minister about upgradation and expansion of Kanpur airport.
In the first phase, the existing terminal building would be expanded to augment passenger handling capacity.
A new car parking and the facilities to accommodate two A-321 type of aircrafts has also been planned, they said.
In the second phase, the expansion of airport in around 50 acres of land has been planned along with a four-lane approach road connecting to the new site for which the department had prepared a blue print.
In the same context, Jaiswal had written a letter to UP chief minister Akhilesh Yadav on July 10 for providing AAI with 50 acres of land in Chakeri
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!