Jaiswal meets civil aviation minister for new airport
Kanpur: Union coal minister Shriprakash Jaiswal met Civil Aviation Minister Ajit Singh and discussed the expansion of air services from the Chakeri airport and establishment of a new airport in the city.
Jaiswal requested Singh to speed up expansion work at Indian Air Force station`s Chakeri airport and initiate Delhi-Kanpur-Mumbai flight, an official statement said on Friday.
Singh assured Jaiswal during the meeting yesterday in Delhi that the needful would be done at the earliest, official sources said.
Earlier, Jaiswal had written to the civil aviation minister about upgradation and expansion of Kanpur airport.
In the first phase, the existing terminal building would be expanded to augment passenger handling capacity.
A new car parking and the facilities to accommodate two A-321 type of aircrafts has also been planned, they said.
In the second phase, the expansion of airport in around 50 acres of land has been planned along with a four-lane approach road connecting to the new site for which the department had prepared a blue print.
In the same context, Jaiswal had written a letter to UP chief minister Akhilesh Yadav on July 10 for providing AAI with 50 acres of land in Chakeri
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Lalu Yadav's son Tejasvi Yadav wants to change the face of Bihar education
- Indrani Mukerjea attains consciousness; is now out of danger
- News reporter Hemant Yadav shot by unidentified bikers
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Dadri lynching case: Sadhvi Prachi makes provocative remark, says beef-eaters deserve such fate
- Modi must be punished, he has cheated people: Ram Jethmalani
- Was Giani Zail Singh planning to topple Rajiv Gandhi govt in 1987?