Jaiswal to lead Congress protest against UP govt
Kanpur: Union minister Sriprakash Jaiswal will lead a sit-in protest of Congress workers against the SP-led Uttar Pradesh government at city`s Ghantaghar Chowk area tomorrow.
Jaiswal, member of Parliament from the city, had on Monday announced that he will hold a protest in the city on March 30.
Attacking the government for "complete breakdown of law and order" in the state, Jaiswal had said, "Incidents of rape, eve-teasing and other crimes have become rampant."
Jaiswal alleged that in the one-year-rule of Akhilesh Yadav, state has witnessed ten communal riots and the DSP`s killing in Kunda had tarnished its image, but the government was unfazed by all these.
He also alleged the state government is not "adequately spending" the funds sanctioned under Jawaharlal Nehru National Urban Renewal Mission (JNNURM) for Kanpur.
He said roads and sewer lines in the city are in bad shape.
"Funds under JNNURM were issued for changing the old sewer line in the city and also for the construction of roads ...Though some of the sewage work has been completed,questions are being raised over the quality of work while the roads dug up are still in a complete mess," Jaiswal said.
While in reply to the Congress` protest, BJP will also stage a demonstration on the city`s `Bada Chowraha` crossing tomorrow in which party`s city MLA`s and leaders will fast against the Jaiswal`s "so called development works" in the city.
"Jaiswal is a three-time MP from the city, but he has done nothing for the city and had just laid foundation stones, to expose his so called development works BJP workers will also hold demonstrations tomorrow," BJP MLA Salil Bishnoi said.
BJP leaders said as the general elections are near, Jaiswal is trying to shift the blame of his inefficiencies on UP government by staging these dharnas and fasts.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read