Jama Masjid Shahi Imam to appear before court on Dec 15
Muzaffarnagar: A local court here Friday issued notice to Shahi Imam of Delhi`s Jama Masjid Syed Ahmad Bukhari to appear before it on December 15 in a case related to alleged violation of model code of conduct during the 2007 Uttar Pradesh Assembly polls.
Chief Judicial Magistrate Suresh Chand issued the notice and fixed December 15 as the date for the next hearing.
On a complaint by the Election Commission, police had registered a case against Bukhari, UDF candidate Sabir Ali and member of Jama Masjid Advisory Committee Inam Qureshi for landing in a helicopter at an election meet venue in Khatoli town on April 10, 2007 without permission.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dadri lynching: Is Kejriwal spreading poison between Hindus and Muslims?
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- Why did Indrani Mukerjea attempt suicide?
- Dadri lynching: Locals stop Arvind Kejriwal from entering Bisara village
- Muslims asked to sprinkle cow urine on body in order to be part of Garba festivities
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Salman Khan’s ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’ trailer creates a record!
- Indrani Mukerjea's FSL report rules out drug overdose, says no chemicals found in stomach wash
- Muslims banned from Garba in Gujarat's Mandvi; Hindus asked to sprinkle cow urine on themselves