Jama Masjid Shahi Imam to appear before court on Dec 15
Muzaffarnagar: A local court here Friday issued notice to Shahi Imam of Delhi`s Jama Masjid Syed Ahmad Bukhari to appear before it on December 15 in a case related to alleged violation of model code of conduct during the 2007 Uttar Pradesh Assembly polls.
Chief Judicial Magistrate Suresh Chand issued the notice and fixed December 15 as the date for the next hearing.
On a complaint by the Election Commission, police had registered a case against Bukhari, UDF candidate Sabir Ali and member of Jama Masjid Advisory Committee Inam Qureshi for landing in a helicopter at an election meet venue in Khatoli town on April 10, 2007 without permission.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- DNA: Reporting on war against ISIS in Mosul
- DNA: Analysing the existing poor condition of Indian education system
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Hema Malini did not accept land for dance academy: Government to HC