Jama Masjid Shahi Imam to appear before court on Dec 15
Muzaffarnagar: A local court here Friday issued notice to Shahi Imam of Delhi`s Jama Masjid Syed Ahmad Bukhari to appear before it on December 15 in a case related to alleged violation of model code of conduct during the 2007 Uttar Pradesh Assembly polls.
Chief Judicial Magistrate Suresh Chand issued the notice and fixed December 15 as the date for the next hearing.
On a complaint by the Election Commission, police had registered a case against Bukhari, UDF candidate Sabir Ali and member of Jama Masjid Advisory Committee Inam Qureshi for landing in a helicopter at an election meet venue in Khatoli town on April 10, 2007 without permission.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Is there no respect for Congress in UP politics?
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- Virat Kohli vs Sachin Tendulkar: Who is a better cricketer? Read what Virender Sehwag has to say