Jammu University gets new VC
Jammu: Jammu and Kashmir Governor N N
Vohra on Wednesday appointed Dr Mohan Paul Singh Ishar, Professor,
Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences of Guru Nanak Dev
University in Amritsar as the Vice Chancellor of the
University of Jammu.
Vohra, who is also the Chancellor of the University of
Jammu, has in consultation with Chief Minister Omar Abdullah
(Pro-Chancellor of the University) appointed Dr Ishar from
among a panel of three persons recommended by a Search
Committee headed by Professor G K Chadha, President, South
Asian University, Delhi.
Prof Varun Sahni, the present Vice Chancellor of Jammu
University, had completed his tenure on December 7, 2011, and
had since then been awaiting the appointment of his successor.
Dr Ishar was born at Kathua district of Jammu on
November 4, 1954. His forefathers had migrated to Kathua from
Mandole in Poonch district, now in POK.
He secured second position in the Jammu University in
the B Sc examination and was awarded Certificate of Merit for
standing first in the M Sc (Chemistry) examination by the
During his M Sc scholarship he was the recipient of
national scholarship of Government of India and did his Ph D
from the Indian Institute of Technology, Delhi.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- Madrasas that do not teach primary subjects to be considered 'non-schools', says Maharashtra govt
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- Dausa car crash: Hema Malini injured, child killed; MP's driver booked for over speeding
- Suresh Raina denies Lalit Modi's match-fixing allegation, mulls legal action against former IPL boss