Jammu University gets new VC
Jammu: Jammu and Kashmir Governor N N
Vohra on Wednesday appointed Dr Mohan Paul Singh Ishar, Professor,
Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences of Guru Nanak Dev
University in Amritsar as the Vice Chancellor of the
University of Jammu.
Vohra, who is also the Chancellor of the University of
Jammu, has in consultation with Chief Minister Omar Abdullah
(Pro-Chancellor of the University) appointed Dr Ishar from
among a panel of three persons recommended by a Search
Committee headed by Professor G K Chadha, President, South
Asian University, Delhi.
Prof Varun Sahni, the present Vice Chancellor of Jammu
University, had completed his tenure on December 7, 2011, and
had since then been awaiting the appointment of his successor.
Dr Ishar was born at Kathua district of Jammu on
November 4, 1954. His forefathers had migrated to Kathua from
Mandole in Poonch district, now in POK.
He secured second position in the Jammu University in
the B Sc examination and was awarded Certificate of Merit for
standing first in the M Sc (Chemistry) examination by the
During his M Sc scholarship he was the recipient of
national scholarship of Government of India and did his Ph D
from the Indian Institute of Technology, Delhi.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- Is Akhilesh Yadav seeking votes based on development made by Modi govt?
- 15-year old girl stabbed to death in Mumbai
- DU Student Clash : Confrontation among students becomes sensitive, AISA to carry flag march today
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Muslims should be cremated, there's no space to bury 20 cr people: BJP MP Sakshi Maharaj
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- Gurmehar Kaur controversy: Twitter turns into battleground after Virender Sehwag trolls Kargil martyr's daughter
- Gurmehar Kaur row: Girl who got 'Shiva stole' gift from PM Narendra Modi says she got rape threat from Congress politician