Jan Kranti Party announces candidates for UP polls
Lucknow: Kalyan Singh led Jan Kranti Party on Saturday announced its candidates for 108 assembly segments for the forthcoming Uttar Pradesh state Assembly elections due next year.
"After interview and screening of probables between July 25 to July 28, the party has finalised the list of 108 candidates," former chief minister and JKP patron Kalyan Singh told reporters here.
He said that suggestion of local workers were taken into consideration while selecting candidates.
"In the first list representation of 35 castes has been ensured. More castes would be incorporated in the next list," JKP`s national president Rajveer Singh alias Raju
He said that 50 percent tickets have been given to youths and he himself would contest from Dibai constituency in Bulandshahar.
"Our effort is to contest on all 403 seats and there would be no pre or post alliance with any party," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- DNA: Inside story of Indian Army's surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read