Jan Kranti Party announces candidates for UP polls
Lucknow: Kalyan Singh led Jan Kranti Party on Saturday announced its candidates for 108 assembly segments for the forthcoming Uttar Pradesh state Assembly elections due next year.
"After interview and screening of probables between July 25 to July 28, the party has finalised the list of 108 candidates," former chief minister and JKP patron Kalyan Singh told reporters here.
He said that suggestion of local workers were taken into consideration while selecting candidates.
"In the first list representation of 35 castes has been ensured. More castes would be incorporated in the next list," JKP`s national president Rajveer Singh alias Raju
He said that 50 percent tickets have been given to youths and he himself would contest from Dibai constituency in Bulandshahar.
"Our effort is to contest on all 403 seats and there would be no pre or post alliance with any party," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- CM Yogi’s cleanliness drive: UP cops clean up police stations
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Yogi Adityanath took THESE 20 big actions in just 75 hours after becoming UP CM