Jat activists start dharna for 27% reservation
Mathura: Indefinite dharna by Jat activists, who are demanding 27 percent reservation for their community in government jobs under OBC category, today started here amid tight security.
The protesters, under the banner of Akhil Bhartiya Jat Arakshan Sangharsh Samiti, started the protest at Rasulpur village under Magorra area today.
Since the spot is the border village of UP and Rajasthan, massive police force of both the states have been deployed, sources said.
Railways have also deployed RPF in the area.
"We would not interfere in the dharna as long as it is peaceful. Everybody has the right to put his demand in a peaceful manner," ADM Avadhesh Tewari said.
"The dharna would stretch to 100 places in 14 states within a week.
"We would stop the train at 100 places, the moment we get the signal from our national president," said Vir Pal Singh, the national secretary of Akhil Bhartiya Jat Arakshan Sangharsh Samiti.
"Jats are worried about education and future of their children. They would not hesitate to adopt any method to fulfil their demand," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena Bora murder saga: 12 questions that police asked Peter Mukerjea during 12-hour grilling?
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news
- Indrani Mukerjea confesses to her role in Sheena Bora murder case
- 'Insulted' Samajwadi Party walks out of 'Janata Parivar', to contest Bihar polls alone
- BJP-RSS review meet, Day 2: NDA's education policy, Patel quota stir on agenda