Jat stir: Won`t allow disruption of traffic, says UP police
Lucknow: Showing intent to implement the
High Court`s orders, the Uttar Pradesh police on Thursday said that
Jat agitators would not be allowed to disrupt rail or road
"Heavy police has been deployed in sensitive areas
where there is possibility of fresh agitation by Jats,"
Special Director General of Police Brij Lal told reporters.
He said that other than the local police, 21 companies
of Provincial Armed Constabulary and 12 companies of Rapid
Action Force have been deployed in Meerut, Saharanpur,
Aligarh, Agra and Moradabad areas.
Jats are continuing their stir in front of Kafurganj
railway station in Amroha district, although they cleared
railway tracks in other parts of UP after intervention of the
The organisation spearheading the protest has
announced plans to block supplies to the national Capital on
March 28 to press for their demand.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin brought to Delhi
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating on 'record' Puma deal
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal