Jat stir: Won`t allow disruption of traffic, says UP police
Lucknow: Showing intent to implement the
High Court`s orders, the Uttar Pradesh police on Thursday said that
Jat agitators would not be allowed to disrupt rail or road
"Heavy police has been deployed in sensitive areas
where there is possibility of fresh agitation by Jats,"
Special Director General of Police Brij Lal told reporters.
He said that other than the local police, 21 companies
of Provincial Armed Constabulary and 12 companies of Rapid
Action Force have been deployed in Meerut, Saharanpur,
Aligarh, Agra and Moradabad areas.
Jats are continuing their stir in front of Kafurganj
railway station in Amroha district, although they cleared
railway tracks in other parts of UP after intervention of the
The organisation spearheading the protest has
announced plans to block supplies to the national Capital on
March 28 to press for their demand.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Know the significance of Devshayani Ekadashi
- Punjab: Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Gurdaspur
- Mumbai blasts case: Maharashtra govt opposes Yakub Memon's mercy plea in SC
- Punjab: Gurdaspur gunbattle ends, all terrorists killed
- Grief stricken people shout slogans as Kalam's body carried out of hospital
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Punjab's Gurdaspur; 3 killed