Jat stir: Won`t allow disruption of traffic, says UP police
Lucknow: Showing intent to implement the
High Court`s orders, the Uttar Pradesh police on Thursday said that
Jat agitators would not be allowed to disrupt rail or road
"Heavy police has been deployed in sensitive areas
where there is possibility of fresh agitation by Jats,"
Special Director General of Police Brij Lal told reporters.
He said that other than the local police, 21 companies
of Provincial Armed Constabulary and 12 companies of Rapid
Action Force have been deployed in Meerut, Saharanpur,
Aligarh, Agra and Moradabad areas.
Jats are continuing their stir in front of Kafurganj
railway station in Amroha district, although they cleared
railway tracks in other parts of UP after intervention of the
The organisation spearheading the protest has
announced plans to block supplies to the national Capital on
March 28 to press for their demand.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: There are no shortcuts to success, says Dr Chandra
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- Watch 15 reports from 15 cities
- Sheena murder case: Unfolding deceit, lies and murder!
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Wife catches husband along with his girlfriend at Goa airport, video goes viral – Watch
- Bihar polls 2015: Lalu pacifies 'upset' Mulayam ahead of Mahagatbandhan rally, offers 5 seats to SP
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter