Jat stir: Won`t allow disruption of traffic, says UP police
Lucknow: Showing intent to implement the
High Court`s orders, the Uttar Pradesh police on Thursday said that
Jat agitators would not be allowed to disrupt rail or road
"Heavy police has been deployed in sensitive areas
where there is possibility of fresh agitation by Jats,"
Special Director General of Police Brij Lal told reporters.
He said that other than the local police, 21 companies
of Provincial Armed Constabulary and 12 companies of Rapid
Action Force have been deployed in Meerut, Saharanpur,
Aligarh, Agra and Moradabad areas.
Jats are continuing their stir in front of Kafurganj
railway station in Amroha district, although they cleared
railway tracks in other parts of UP after intervention of the
The organisation spearheading the protest has
announced plans to block supplies to the national Capital on
March 28 to press for their demand.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Delhi's graduate beggar – The amount he earns will shock you!