Jat stir: Won`t allow disruption of traffic, says UP police
Lucknow: Showing intent to implement the
High Court`s orders, the Uttar Pradesh police on Thursday said that
Jat agitators would not be allowed to disrupt rail or road
"Heavy police has been deployed in sensitive areas
where there is possibility of fresh agitation by Jats,"
Special Director General of Police Brij Lal told reporters.
He said that other than the local police, 21 companies
of Provincial Armed Constabulary and 12 companies of Rapid
Action Force have been deployed in Meerut, Saharanpur,
Aligarh, Agra and Moradabad areas.
Jats are continuing their stir in front of Kafurganj
railway station in Amroha district, although they cleared
railway tracks in other parts of UP after intervention of the
The organisation spearheading the protest has
announced plans to block supplies to the national Capital on
March 28 to press for their demand.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of public pulse through survey by Zee News on Bihar elections
- DNA: End of ISIS? Vladimir Putin to send 1,50,000 soldiers to Syria
- Panel discussion on Muslim vote bank in Bihar elections
- Bihar polls: Lalu's younger son claims to be older than elder brother
- Rahul Gandhi received pay while on 56 day leave: Organizer
- India vs South Africa: How cricket fraternity reacted to crowd's disgraceful behaviour at Cuttack
- Salman Khan, Aamir Khan's friendship turns sour? Here's the truth
- BJP-led NDA predicted to win 147 seats in Bihar Assembly Elections: Survey
- Dadri lynching: Any threat to secular fabric of country would not be tolerated, says Rajnath Singh
- Can Lalu Prasad Yadav's elder son Tej be less in age than younger son Tejaswi?