Jaunpur lawyer held for attacking SP MLA
Jaunpur: A lawyer was today arrested on
charges of attacking and misbehaving with a Samajwadi Party
legislator, a senior police officer said here.
Prashant Pankaj Srivastava was arrested this afternoon
for allegedly attacking SP MLA from Shahganj Assembly segment
Jagdish Sonker after a complaint was lodged against him and
three others, Superintendent of Police S K Bhagat said.
Last night a motorcycle parked in the middle of a road
was hit by the MLA`s vehicle. "The owner of the motorcycle and
his associates had a dispute with the MLA after which they
trained pistol on Sonker," he said.
An FIR was lodged against four persons, including
Prashant, under various sections of the IPC and SC/ST Act this
morning, after which the lawyer was arrested.
The accused was presented before judicial magistrate
Avneesh Srivastava, who rejected his bail application.
Prashant, however, alleged Sonker was attempting to join
the BSP and the MLA deliberately staged the incident to
The lawyer claimed he was being framed in the case as it
was on the application of his client Radhey Shyam Varma that a
court yesterday directed to lodge an FIR against four Cabinet
ministers in connection with alleged blasphemous content
published in a magazine.
The SP MLA, however, could not be connected.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Exclusive: Prakash Javadekar's views on issue of climate change before UN summit
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Muslims worldwide had celebrated after 9/11: Donald Trump
- PM Modi congratulates Zee News for its efforts to promote energy conservation
- Reptile fossil explains how snakes lost their legs
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way