Jaunpur lawyer held for attacking SP MLA
Jaunpur: A lawyer was today arrested on
charges of attacking and misbehaving with a Samajwadi Party
legislator, a senior police officer said here.
Prashant Pankaj Srivastava was arrested this afternoon
for allegedly attacking SP MLA from Shahganj Assembly segment
Jagdish Sonker after a complaint was lodged against him and
three others, Superintendent of Police S K Bhagat said.
Last night a motorcycle parked in the middle of a road
was hit by the MLA`s vehicle. "The owner of the motorcycle and
his associates had a dispute with the MLA after which they
trained pistol on Sonker," he said.
An FIR was lodged against four persons, including
Prashant, under various sections of the IPC and SC/ST Act this
morning, after which the lawyer was arrested.
The accused was presented before judicial magistrate
Avneesh Srivastava, who rejected his bail application.
Prashant, however, alleged Sonker was attempting to join
the BSP and the MLA deliberately staged the incident to
The lawyer claimed he was being framed in the case as it
was on the application of his client Radhey Shyam Varma that a
court yesterday directed to lodge an FIR against four Cabinet
ministers in connection with alleged blasphemous content
published in a magazine.
The SP MLA, however, could not be connected.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city