Javed Usmani takes over as new UP Chief Secretary
Lucknow: Senior IAS officer of 1978 batch
Javed Usmani on Friday took over as the new Chief Secretary of
Usmani who was Secretary, Union Planning Commission, took
charge from Anup Misra, his batch mate who has now been sent
to transport corporation as chairman, official sources said.
The officer had emerged as the front runner to occupy the
coveted post soon after Samajwadi Party government took over
after the recent Assembly elections.
He had earlier served as Principal Secretary with Mulayam
Singh Yadav during his third tenure between 2003-07 and was
posted in the Prime Minister`s Office before moving to a World
Bank assignment in Washington. He was shifted as Secretary of
the Planning Commission of India barely a couple of days back.
Speaking on the occasion, Usmani said that emphasis would
be on proper implementation of centrally-aided schemes as well
as education and health schemes of the state government
besides maintaining peace and order in the state so that
all-round development can be ensured.
- NHRC issues notice to Rajasthan government over death of 11 children in home
- Delhi: 10-year-old boy dies due to overdose of Vitamin D
- Haryana: Groom injured in celebratory firing at wedding in Hissar
- Phase V of West Bengal Assembly polls starts today
- Discussion over Mamata Banerjee's close aide Firhad Hakim's 'mini Pakistan' comment
- Actor-politician Shatrughan Sinha says he would be happy to promote Bihar as its brand ambassador
- Good news! Foreigners, NRIs can now book train tickets in India using debit, credit cards
- Telangana SSC class 10th Results 2016 is likely to be declared on May 5
- West Bengal Assembly Elections: Polling begins in crucial fifth phase, 680 central forces companies deployed
- Severe heat wave condition in West Bengal