Javed Usmani takes over as new UP Chief Secretary
Lucknow: Senior IAS officer of 1978 batch
Javed Usmani on Friday took over as the new Chief Secretary of
Usmani who was Secretary, Union Planning Commission, took
charge from Anup Misra, his batch mate who has now been sent
to transport corporation as chairman, official sources said.
The officer had emerged as the front runner to occupy the
coveted post soon after Samajwadi Party government took over
after the recent Assembly elections.
He had earlier served as Principal Secretary with Mulayam
Singh Yadav during his third tenure between 2003-07 and was
posted in the Prime Minister`s Office before moving to a World
Bank assignment in Washington. He was shifted as Secretary of
the Planning Commission of India barely a couple of days back.
Speaking on the occasion, Usmani said that emphasis would
be on proper implementation of centrally-aided schemes as well
as education and health schemes of the state government
besides maintaining peace and order in the state so that
all-round development can be ensured.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Delhi's graduate beggar – The amount he earns will shock you!
- Govt formalises strategies to counter ISIS threat, maintain internal security