Jaya makes veiled attack against Amar`s detractors
New Delhi: Former SP leader Amar Singh`s close associate and MP Jayaprada on Thursday said he was keeping silent despite people destroying his reputation and health but warned that he will speak up at the opportune moment.
"He is the kind of person whose name and reputation have been destroyed despite the number of sacrifices made by him, but still he has been so patient," Jayaprada told reporters about Singh.
"He has remained silent and has asked us also to remain silent. But I want to say that it means he will definitely speak out at the right time and on the right forum," she added.
The former actor broke down while interacting with reporters outside AIIMS where Singh has been admitted for treatment. He was given interim bail till September 19 in the cash-for-vote scam for which he was sent to Tihar.
Jayaprada`s outburst is being seen as a threat to those targeting Singh in the cash-for-vote scam. It may be directed at the ruling Congress party for which he allegedly offered the bribe to the three BJP MPs to win their support in the July 22, 2008 Trust Vote.
Amar Singh has not spoken on this issue inside or outside the court. "Singh stood by Mulayam Singh in the disproportionate assets case against him without even caring about his own life. But I want to ask, despite all of this has Singh become
such a big enemy? Is he (Mulayam) so scared of politics and the society that even for humanity sake he couldn`t come and meet him?" Jayaprada asked.
She also sought to know where Singh`s friends from the film fraternity were, an oblique reference to Amitabh and Jaya Bachchan.
"Where are those big celebrities who used to be with Singh and were helped by him in their land-related cases?" she asked.
Bachchan had bought a land in Barabanki district of UP earlier but had to face a court case on the issue.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- Serial child rapist arrested in Delhi, says 'preyed on girls for sexual satisfaction, enjoyed it'
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert