Jaya Prada slams UP govt over Saifai festival
Shirdi: Actress-turned-politician Jaya Prada today hit out at the Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav over the controversial Saifai Mahotsav.
Speaking to reporters here after visiting the Saibaba shrine, Jaya Prada, a former Samajwadi Party leader, said that while common people were suffering under the intense cold spell in the state, the party leaders were enjoying the cultural extravaganza "by putting on room heaters".
People would give a befitting reply to this, she said. When asked whether she would join the Aam Admi Party, she said her political course of action would be decided by (the former SP leader) Amar Singh.
But she praised the AAP leader and Delhi Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal for fulfilling his election promises.
She also targeted the SP government in Uttar Pradesh over Muzaffarnagar riots, saying that the situation there was worse than that during the 2002 post-Godhra riots in Gujarat.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Till when will Kerala suffer violence in the name of politics?
- Till when will Kerala suffer violence in the name of politics? - Part II
- Till when will Kerala suffer violence in the name of politics? - Part III
- Till when will Kerala suffer violence in the name of politics? - Part IV
- Why is Mehbooba Mufti attacking Hindu beliefs for votes?
- Indian Premier League 2016, Match 56: Delhi Daredevils vs Royal Challengers Bangalore — Players to watch out for
- India Post payments bank will be functional by March 2017: Ravi Shankar Prasad
- Six Assam Rifles personnel killed by militants in Manipur's Chandel district ambush
- Shocking! Huge fire engulfs two coaches of Jaisalmer-Delhi Intercity Express
- Huma Qureshi-Vidyut Jammwal's Gold Glare Selfie! See pic