Jaya Prada slams UP govt over Saifai festival
Shirdi: Actress-turned-politician Jaya Prada today hit out at the Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav over the controversial Saifai Mahotsav.
Speaking to reporters here after visiting the Saibaba shrine, Jaya Prada, a former Samajwadi Party leader, said that while common people were suffering under the intense cold spell in the state, the party leaders were enjoying the cultural extravaganza "by putting on room heaters".
People would give a befitting reply to this, she said. When asked whether she would join the Aam Admi Party, she said her political course of action would be decided by (the former SP leader) Amar Singh.
But she praised the AAP leader and Delhi Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal for fulfilling his election promises.
She also targeted the SP government in Uttar Pradesh over Muzaffarnagar riots, saying that the situation there was worse than that during the 2002 post-Godhra riots in Gujarat.
- J&K: Teams named after militants in cricket tournament
- Laser walls activated along Indo-Pak border to keep vigil against terrorists
- Haji Ali Dargah row: Trupti Desai wants support of Aamir, Salman, SRK
- ISRO successfully launches IRNSS-1G into the orbit
- IRNSS-1G launch: It's a great gift to people of India from scientists, says PM Modi
- Andrew Flintoff tells Yuvraj Singh – 'I will cut your throat off'....Read Yuvi's reply
- Bollywood 2016: Sexiest posters of the year so far
- Eat these superfoods for healthy stomach!
- Delhi Police recovers precious dagger stolen from Nehru Museum, arrests 2
- When Subramanian Swamy provoked Congress leaders with 'Italian Constitution' jibe