Jaya Prada slams UP govt over Saifai festival
Shirdi: Actress-turned-politician Jaya Prada today hit out at the Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav over the controversial Saifai Mahotsav.
Speaking to reporters here after visiting the Saibaba shrine, Jaya Prada, a former Samajwadi Party leader, said that while common people were suffering under the intense cold spell in the state, the party leaders were enjoying the cultural extravaganza "by putting on room heaters".
People would give a befitting reply to this, she said. When asked whether she would join the Aam Admi Party, she said her political course of action would be decided by (the former SP leader) Amar Singh.
But she praised the AAP leader and Delhi Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal for fulfilling his election promises.
She also targeted the SP government in Uttar Pradesh over Muzaffarnagar riots, saying that the situation there was worse than that during the 2002 post-Godhra riots in Gujarat.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 11-year old Odisha boy to get football training at Bayern Munich in Germany
- China warns India against deploying BrahMos cruise missile in Arunachal Pradesh
- One killed in TV channel office attack in Karachi
- Gujarat: Journalist working for local daily found dead in his Junagadh office
- Watch: How floods throw normal life out of gear across country
- Know what Ranveer Singh has to say about Akshay Kumar
- A love story for Akshay Kumar in toilet? Details inside
- Wondering if Ranveer Singh is on board Deepika Padukone’s ‘Padmavati’? Details inside
- Saif Ali Khan finds Kareena Kapoor very sexy in 'Yeh Mera Dil' song
- Donald Trump demands special prosecutor to probe Hillary Clinton allegations