Jaya Prada slams UP govt over Saifai festival
Shirdi: Actress-turned-politician Jaya Prada today hit out at the Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav over the controversial Saifai Mahotsav.
Speaking to reporters here after visiting the Saibaba shrine, Jaya Prada, a former Samajwadi Party leader, said that while common people were suffering under the intense cold spell in the state, the party leaders were enjoying the cultural extravaganza "by putting on room heaters".
People would give a befitting reply to this, she said. When asked whether she would join the Aam Admi Party, she said her political course of action would be decided by (the former SP leader) Amar Singh.
But she praised the AAP leader and Delhi Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal for fulfilling his election promises.
She also targeted the SP government in Uttar Pradesh over Muzaffarnagar riots, saying that the situation there was worse than that during the 2002 post-Godhra riots in Gujarat.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Airtel takes on Reliance Jio yet again; offers 10GB of 4G data at just Rs 259
- Saudi prince Turki Bin Saud Al-Kabir executed for murder in rare case
- Man divorces wife after seeing her first time without make-up!
- India can only 'bark', its products can't compete: Chinese state media
- Sania Mirza trolls Sanjay Manjrekar on Twitter after completing 80 consecutive weeks as World No. 1 doubles player