JD-U going solo in UP not to affect NDA: Sharad
Lucknow: JD(U) president Sharad Yadav on Wednesday said his party`s decision to go solo in the Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections would have no effect on the NDA in which it is an alliance partner along with BJP.
"Though we have contested four elections with BJP, this
time it was not possible. So we are going it alone and will be
contesting on all the seats," he told reporters here.
Yadav said talks on UP polls were on with the BJP for two
months but nothing emerged as they were having difficulties in
taking decision, prompting JD(U) to go it alone.
The JD(U) leader said some of those who have been given
entry into the BJP were not toeing the party ideology, but
added that it was an internal matter of the BJP.
He said JD-U`s decision would not have any impact on the
NDA at the Centre because in all states, except four, NDA
allies have been contesting separately.
Yadav said that besides him, Bihar Chief Minister Nitesh
Kumar and members of his cabinet would campaign for JD-U in UP
where the effort would be focus on development and justice
besides providing an alternative to the people.
Asserting that there had been "one person rule" in Uttar
Pradesh during the past 20 years, Yadav said all the four
major political players - BSP, BJP, Congress and SP - were
short of issues and were merely indulging in "qawali mukabala"
"Our effort will be to tie the elephant, cycle, lotus
and hand (poll symbols of BSP, SP, BJP and Congress
respectively) and dump them in the Ganga," he said, adding he
was sure the state would have a hung Assembly.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- CM Kejriwal shortlists 39 'unwanted' IAS officers in Delhi
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- DNA: Modi-led NDA govt's hits and misses in one year
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with Congress leader Kamal Nath
- Mumbai: One injured in shootout at Film City
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- Maharashtra FDA sends Maggi noodles for lab testing
- See what can Maggi do to your health!
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2: CSK vs RCB - As it happened...
- India to soon have its own space shuttle!
- PM Narendra Modi graces Digvijay Singh's son wedding reception
- Rahul Gandhi to pressurise govt to act on one-rank-one-pension issue
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- CBSE 12th Results 2015: CBSE Board Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic class 12th XII board exam Results 2015 date announced
- Manohar Parrikar visits forward areas along LoC, reviews security situation
- There will be no delay in appointing CIC, CVC: Jitendra Singh
- Credibility of Prime Minister's Office restored by BJP, says Arun Jaitley
- ISIS justifies raping slave girls, says Michelle Obama is 'worth $40'
- CBSE Board 10th Results 2015: Cbse.nic.in & Cbseresults.nic class 10th X board exam results 2015 date announced
- Arvind Kejriwal to highlight AAP govt's 100 days work on Monday
- BJP's plan for one-year celebration: 200 big rallies, 5,000 public meetings
- 'Unhappy' Celina Jaitley asks Sunny Leone to move out?