Jeep falls in river, 11 killed
Jaunpur (UP): Eleven people were killed and three others injured when a jeep plunged into Sai River in Jalalpur area, police said here on Saturday.
The incident occurred late Friday night when the jeep rammed into the railing of a bridge and plunged into the river near Ijari village, killing 11 people on the spot, they said.
Police said three persons were injured in the accident of which two have been referred to Varanasi in a serious condition.
The victims were returning from Varanasi after a cremation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Mumbai High court allows entry of women in Haji Ali Dargah
- DNA: Analysis of fraudulent doctor in Noida treating patients with wrong treatment
- DNA: Analyzing Balochistan's citizens struggle for freedom
- DNA: Two Syrian boys grieving death of brother killed in airstrike
- DNA: Analyzing world's first driverless taxi developed by Singapore company
- Records aside, US Open getting personal for Serena Williams
- World Risk Report 2016: India ranks 77th in world disaster risk index
- SC restrains Tamil Nadu Police from arresting expelled AIADMK MP
- Swaraj seeks report from Indian consulate on death of workers
- Pakistan to keep border crossing with Afghanistan shut till apology