Jeep falls in river, 11 killed
Jaunpur (UP): Eleven people were killed and three others injured when a jeep plunged into Sai River in Jalalpur area, police said here on Saturday.
The incident occurred late Friday night when the jeep rammed into the railing of a bridge and plunged into the river near Ijari village, killing 11 people on the spot, they said.
Police said three persons were injured in the accident of which two have been referred to Varanasi in a serious condition.
The victims were returning from Varanasi after a cremation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'
- PM Modi releases digital version of Ramcharitmanas musical
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das