Jeep falls in river, 11 killed
Jaunpur (UP): Eleven people were killed and three others injured when a jeep plunged into Sai River in Jalalpur area, police said here on Saturday.
The incident occurred late Friday night when the jeep rammed into the railing of a bridge and plunged into the river near Ijari village, killing 11 people on the spot, they said.
Police said three persons were injured in the accident of which two have been referred to Varanasi in a serious condition.
The victims were returning from Varanasi after a cremation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read