Jeep falls in river, 11 killed
Jaunpur (UP): Eleven people were killed and three others injured when a jeep plunged into Sai River in Jalalpur area, police said here on Saturday.
The incident occurred late Friday night when the jeep rammed into the railing of a bridge and plunged into the river near Ijari village, killing 11 people on the spot, they said.
Police said three persons were injured in the accident of which two have been referred to Varanasi in a serious condition.
The victims were returning from Varanasi after a cremation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBI confirms Delhi health minister Satyendra Jain's indulgence in Hawala business
- Watch: CM Yogi Adityanath's first speech in UP Assembly house
- Should army take strict action against stone pelters of J&K?
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- DNA: Reason behind electricity crisis in India despite being power surplus nation
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- The Kapil Sharma Show: No Sunday episode this weekend? Here’s why
- India vs Australia: Virat Kohli takes reconciliatory path, says his friendship comment was 'blown out of proportion'
- Sunil Grover joining AIB? Here’s the truth
- Reliance Jio closes in on 50 million paid users