Jeep falls in river, 11 killed
Jaunpur (UP): Eleven people were killed and three others injured when a jeep plunged into Sai River in Jalalpur area, police said here on Saturday.
The incident occurred late Friday night when the jeep rammed into the railing of a bridge and plunged into the river near Ijari village, killing 11 people on the spot, they said.
Police said three persons were injured in the accident of which two have been referred to Varanasi in a serious condition.
The victims were returning from Varanasi after a cremation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Exclusive chat with Ranchi's visually challenged singer Tumpa Kumari
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- Kailash Vijayvargiya on Akshay Singh's death: Is a journalist bigger than me?
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K, one BSF jawan killed in Kupwara
- Mass failure in DU exam: HRD Minister Smriti Irani asks officials to enquire
- Suspicious Iranian boat seized off Kerala coast, Pakistani ID card recovered