Jeweller stabbed to death by robbers in UP
Ghazipur: Four robbers stabbed a jeweller to death and critically injured his wife at their home in Bhudkuda area before decamping with jewellery, police sources said on Tuesday.
The robbers attacked Uday Verma (35) when he entered his home after closing shop in Jakhania Bazar last night, police said.
When Uday`s wife Meena Devi attempted to rescue him, she was also attacked by the robbers, who decamped with jewellery and other items, they said.
The couple was rushed to hospital where Uday died during treatment, while Meena`s condition was stated to be serious, they said. The matter is being probed, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Curfew lifted from 4 districts of Kashmir valley
- Recently launched Pokemon Go gaining extreme popularity among users
- Rajnath Singh meets J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti to discuss current situation in valley
- AAP MLA Amantulla Khan arrested for misbehaving with a woman
- Fight for respect towards Dalits in UP merely a vote-garnering strategy?
- Black with a hint of gold, Sonam Kapoor's debonair suit will win your heart!
- Are you daring enough to visit THIS spooky 'Island of the Dolls'?
- Elvis Presley and Michael Jackson became more popular after death: Amitabh Bachchan
- England vs Pakistan, 2nd Test, Day 3 — As it happened...
- Two dead, 10 injured as under-construction building collapses in Hyderabad