Jeweller stabbed to death by robbers in UP
Ghazipur: Four robbers stabbed a jeweller to death and critically injured his wife at their home in Bhudkuda area before decamping with jewellery, police sources said on Tuesday.
The robbers attacked Uday Verma (35) when he entered his home after closing shop in Jakhania Bazar last night, police said.
When Uday`s wife Meena Devi attempted to rescue him, she was also attacked by the robbers, who decamped with jewellery and other items, they said.
The couple was rushed to hospital where Uday died during treatment, while Meena`s condition was stated to be serious, they said. The matter is being probed, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Lal Bahadur Shastri's mysterious death
- Bihar will celebrate two Diwalis in 2015, one will be after poll results: Modi
- DNA: Analysis of Prime Minister Modi's rapidfire politics on Gandhi Jayanti
- Is Mahatma Gandhi's name slowly fading away from the minds of the youth?
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- World can now see consequences of Pakistan occupation in PoK: India
- Indrani Mukerjea's condition critical due to drug overdose; Maha govt orders inquiry
- ISL 2015: Chennaiyin FC vs Atletico de Kolkata - Preview
- Singh Is Bliing movie review: Watch it for Akshay Kumar!
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'