Jeweller stabbed to death by robbers in UP
Ghazipur: Four robbers stabbed a jeweller to death and critically injured his wife at their home in Bhudkuda area before decamping with jewellery, police sources said on Tuesday.
The robbers attacked Uday Verma (35) when he entered his home after closing shop in Jakhania Bazar last night, police said.
When Uday`s wife Meena Devi attempted to rescue him, she was also attacked by the robbers, who decamped with jewellery and other items, they said.
The couple was rushed to hospital where Uday died during treatment, while Meena`s condition was stated to be serious, they said. The matter is being probed, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ceasefire violations by Pak: Should India carry out surgical strike part-II?
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, asked to leave India
- Panel discussion on the need of Pakistan's ambassador in India
- Intelligence agencies warn of firing by Pakistan along LoC, international border
- Meet Lynlee Hope - Texas baby who was 'born' twice!
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Diwali 2016: Dhanteras Puja timings, Tithi and Vidhi
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- UPA govt thought of attacking Lashkar HQ, training camps after 26/11 strike, claims ex-NSA Shivshankar Menon