Jeweller`s daughter stabbed to death by robbers
Lakhimpur: A 20-year-old girl was allegedly stabbed to death by unidentified assailants who burgled the house of a jeweller here, police said on Friday.
The incident took place last evening in Mohammadi area when the jeweller`s daughter Pooja was alone in the house, they said.
The accused killed the girl when she tried to raise an alarm and later fled away with money and jewellery, SP Rajendra Singh said.
A case of loot and murder has been registered and investigations were on, he said.
In another incident, a jeweller was seriously injured when some miscreants opened fire at him and stole Rs four lakh and some jewellery from him, police said today.
The incident took place when Rajkumar was returning home yesterday after closing his shop in Malawan area of Etah district. He was intercepted by some miscreants who opened fire at him injuring him seriously, they said.
The miscreants later fled away with Rs four lakh cash and jewellery from him.
The victim rushed to hospital, where his condition was stated to be stable, they said.
The police is probing the matter and launched a manhunt to nab the accused.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: Chat with 'Jazbaa' stars Aishwarya Rai and Irrfan Khan!
- Delhi government to add environment tax in electricity bill
- AAP govt suggests four-fold hike in MLAs salaries
- Shaheed Express train's freight coach catches fire on Ludhiana railway station
- DNA: Indian Army's 'Phantom Guns’ to defend border with Pakistan
- India vs South Africa 2015: 3rd T20I - Preview
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Indrani Mukerjea back in jail; claims did not take pills, was upset because of mother's death
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Asaduddin Owaisi's brother Akbaruddin in trouble over poll speech, arrest warrant issued