Jeweller`s daughter stabbed to death by robbers
Lakhimpur: A 20-year-old girl was allegedly stabbed to death by unidentified assailants who burgled the house of a jeweller here, police said on Friday.
The incident took place last evening in Mohammadi area when the jeweller`s daughter Pooja was alone in the house, they said.
The accused killed the girl when she tried to raise an alarm and later fled away with money and jewellery, SP Rajendra Singh said.
A case of loot and murder has been registered and investigations were on, he said.
In another incident, a jeweller was seriously injured when some miscreants opened fire at him and stole Rs four lakh and some jewellery from him, police said today.
The incident took place when Rajkumar was returning home yesterday after closing his shop in Malawan area of Etah district. He was intercepted by some miscreants who opened fire at him injuring him seriously, they said.
The miscreants later fled away with Rs four lakh cash and jewellery from him.
The victim rushed to hospital, where his condition was stated to be stable, they said.
The police is probing the matter and launched a manhunt to nab the accused.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know
- See pic: Genelia marks son's birthday!