Jeweller`s daughter stabbed to death by robbers
Lakhimpur Kheri: A 20-year-old girl was allegedly stabbed to death by unidentified assailants who burgled the house of a jeweller here, police said today.
The incident took place last evening in Mohammadi area when the jeweller`s daughter Pooja was alone in the house, they said.
The accused killed the girl when she tried to raise an alarm and later fled away with money and jewellery, SP Rajendra Singh said.
A case of loot and murder has been registered and investigations were on, he said.
In another incident, a jeweller was seriously injured when some miscreants opened fire at him and stole Rs four lakh and some jewellery from him, police said today.
The incident took place when Rajkumar was returning home yesterday after closing his shop in Malawan area of Etah district. He was intercepted by some miscreants who opened fire at him injuring him seriously, they said.
The miscreants later fled away with Rs four lakh cash and jewellery from him.
The victim rushed to hospital, where his condition was stated to be stable, they said.
The police are probing the matter and launched a manhunt to nab the accused.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- LIVE: Videos of Indian casualties on Pakistani channels 'doctored', say Army sources
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof