Jeweller`s daughter stabbed to death by robbers
Lakhimpur Kheri: A 20-year-old girl was allegedly stabbed to death by unidentified assailants who burgled the house of a jeweller here, police said today.
The incident took place last evening in Mohammadi area when the jeweller`s daughter Pooja was alone in the house, they said.
The accused killed the girl when she tried to raise an alarm and later fled away with money and jewellery, SP Rajendra Singh said.
A case of loot and murder has been registered and investigations were on, he said.
In another incident, a jeweller was seriously injured when some miscreants opened fire at him and stole Rs four lakh and some jewellery from him, police said today.
The incident took place when Rajkumar was returning home yesterday after closing his shop in Malawan area of Etah district. He was intercepted by some miscreants who opened fire at him injuring him seriously, they said.
The miscreants later fled away with Rs four lakh cash and jewellery from him.
The victim rushed to hospital, where his condition was stated to be stable, they said.
The police are probing the matter and launched a manhunt to nab the accused.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Delhi HC backs LG, turns down plea challenging Jung's authority
- WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 declared on wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in
- No radioactive leak at IGI airport, say AERB and Delhi govt
- WBCHSE (wbchse.nic.in & wbresults.nic.in): West Bengal Class 12th Result to be declared on May 29