Jhansi: Five policemen booked for rape
Jhansi: Five policemen have been booked
for allegedly raping a woman inside a police station here,
even as police denied the incident citing medical reports.
On an application by one of the victim`s relative a
rape case has been registered against five unidentified police
personnel late last night, Deputy Inspector General of Police
L V Antony Devkumar said today.
He said that prima facie the case did not seem to be
true as the rape has not been confirmed in the medical
A relative of the victim met the DIG yesterday and
alleged that the victim and one of her friend were raped by
five policemen inside Mauranipur police station on the night
of July 4.
However, the victim`s friend, and some of her other
relatives denied the incident, the DIG said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Lashkar-e-Toiba claims responsibility for Uri attack in posters pasted in Pakistan town
- Naya Bazar explosion: Home Ministry seeks report from Delhi Police; one dead, 5 injured