Jhansi: Five policemen booked for rape
Jhansi: Five policemen have been booked
for allegedly raping a woman inside a police station here,
even as police denied the incident citing medical reports.
On an application by one of the victim`s relative a
rape case has been registered against five unidentified police
personnel late last night, Deputy Inspector General of Police
L V Antony Devkumar said today.
He said that prima facie the case did not seem to be
true as the rape has not been confirmed in the medical
A relative of the victim met the DIG yesterday and
alleged that the victim and one of her friend were raped by
five policemen inside Mauranipur police station on the night
of July 4.
However, the victim`s friend, and some of her other
relatives denied the incident, the DIG said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Massive storm at JNU over Afzal Guru as 'anti-India' slogans raised; university orders disciplinary enquiry
- India mourns Lance Naik Hanumanthappa Koppad's death: Who said what
- Came to Mumbai from Pakistan to select 26/11 attack sites, David Headley tells Mumbai court
- ISI trains JeM, LeT terrorists: Former Pak president Pervez Musharraf
- 'Afzal Guru amar rahe', 'Kashmir lekar rahenge' slogans raised at Press Club of India