Jhansi: Five policemen booked for rape
Jhansi: Five policemen have been booked
for allegedly raping a woman inside a police station here,
even as police denied the incident citing medical reports.
On an application by one of the victim`s relative a
rape case has been registered against five unidentified police
personnel late last night, Deputy Inspector General of Police
L V Antony Devkumar said today.
He said that prima facie the case did not seem to be
true as the rape has not been confirmed in the medical
A relative of the victim met the DIG yesterday and
alleged that the victim and one of her friend were raped by
five policemen inside Mauranipur police station on the night
of July 4.
However, the victim`s friend, and some of her other
relatives denied the incident, the DIG said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Another Pakistani terrorist Sajjad Ahmed caught alive in Jammu and Kashmir
- Shocking CCTV footage of a woman assaulting her mother-in-law
- DNA: Sad reality behind the shutting down of the historic Gita Press
- Mumbai police to probe if RK Singh's claims on Dawood Ibrahim substantiated
- Sonakshi Sinha apologises to Sarabjit, accused in Tilak Nagar case
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Sheena Bora was introduced to me as aunt: Indrani Mukerjea-Sanjeev Khanna's daughter Vidhie
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- Sheena Bora murder case: When Indrani Mukerjea broke down during questioning
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past