Jhansi: Five policemen booked for rape
Jhansi: Five policemen have been booked
for allegedly raping a woman inside a police station here,
even as police denied the incident citing medical reports.
On an application by one of the victim`s relative a
rape case has been registered against five unidentified police
personnel late last night, Deputy Inspector General of Police
L V Antony Devkumar said today.
He said that prima facie the case did not seem to be
true as the rape has not been confirmed in the medical
A relative of the victim met the DIG yesterday and
alleged that the victim and one of her friend were raped by
five policemen inside Mauranipur police station on the night
of July 4.
However, the victim`s friend, and some of her other
relatives denied the incident, the DIG said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah Part II
- Uttarakhand: MBBS students builds toilets in a village in Rishikesh
- Digital detox helps to get rid of smartphones addiction
- Watch: Syrian boys crying, hugging each other after their brother is killed in airstrike