Jhansi: Five policemen booked for rape
Jhansi: Five policemen have been booked
for allegedly raping a woman inside a police station here,
even as police denied the incident citing medical reports.
On an application by one of the victim`s relative a
rape case has been registered against five unidentified police
personnel late last night, Deputy Inspector General of Police
L V Antony Devkumar said today.
He said that prima facie the case did not seem to be
true as the rape has not been confirmed in the medical
A relative of the victim met the DIG yesterday and
alleged that the victim and one of her friend were raped by
five policemen inside Mauranipur police station on the night
of July 4.
However, the victim`s friend, and some of her other
relatives denied the incident, the DIG said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Lalu Yadav attacks PM Modi over Mahatma Gandhi's assassination
- Whole world is worried about global warming and climate change, says PM Modi
- Bihar will celebrate two Diwalis in 2015, one will be after poll results: Modi
- DNA: Analysis of Prime Minister Modi's rapidfire politics on Gandhi Jayanti
- Is Mahatma Gandhi's name slowly fading away from the minds of the youth?
- World can now see consequences of Pakistan occupation in PoK: India
- Watch: Unbelievable! Kapil Sharma thrown out of Aishwarya Rai’s vanity van
- 1st T20: India vs South Africa – Players to watch out for
- Know who replaced Katrina Kaif in film opposite Jackie Chan
- Indrani Mukerjea's condition critical due to drug overdose; Maha govt orders inquiry