Jhansi rape victim commits suicide
Jhansi: A 17-year-old girl committed suicide
after she was allegedly raped in Taktauli village in Mau
Ranipur police station area here.
Superintendent of police (Rural) P K Tewari said that
Bharti Pal (17) set herself ablaze by sprinkling kerosene in
her village yesterday after Kailash Ahirvar of the same
village allegedly raped her on Saturday.
She was rushed to the Jhansi medical college hospital
where she succumbed to severe burn injuries today, the SP
said, adding that the accused was arrested yesterday.
The accused has however feigned innocence on the rape
charges, though he admitted that he knew the girl.
Further investigations were on, the SP added.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- It's a reality, Muslim youths from South India more attracted to ISIS: Kiren Rijiju
- PM Narendra Modi meets journalists at Diwali Milan
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?