Jhansi rape victim commits suicide
Jhansi: A 17-year-old girl committed suicide
after she was allegedly raped in Taktauli village in Mau
Ranipur police station area here.
Superintendent of police (Rural) P K Tewari said that
Bharti Pal (17) set herself ablaze by sprinkling kerosene in
her village yesterday after Kailash Ahirvar of the same
village allegedly raped her on Saturday.
She was rushed to the Jhansi medical college hospital
where she succumbed to severe burn injuries today, the SP
said, adding that the accused was arrested yesterday.
The accused has however feigned innocence on the rape
charges, though he admitted that he knew the girl.
Further investigations were on, the SP added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit! - Part II
- DNA: Gravitational waves detected, proving Einstein right!
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit!
- Ex-Army officers threaten to return JNU degrees against 'anti-national' activities in campus
- Delhi Police issues alert over alleged Hafiz Saeed's tweet backing 'pro-Pak' JNU protesters
- Really? Is this why Deepika Padukone not open about her alleged relationship with Ranveer Singh?
- Congress leader from Gujarat conspired to implicate Narendra Modi in Ishrat Jahan case: Ex-IB officer
- JNU row: Congress VP meets protesting students; ABVP raises black flags, shout "Rahul Gandhi Go Back"