Jhansi rape victim commits suicide
Jhansi: A 17-year-old girl committed suicide
after she was allegedly raped in Taktauli village in Mau
Ranipur police station area here.
Superintendent of police (Rural) P K Tewari said that
Bharti Pal (17) set herself ablaze by sprinkling kerosene in
her village yesterday after Kailash Ahirvar of the same
village allegedly raped her on Saturday.
She was rushed to the Jhansi medical college hospital
where she succumbed to severe burn injuries today, the SP
said, adding that the accused was arrested yesterday.
The accused has however feigned innocence on the rape
charges, though he admitted that he knew the girl.
Further investigations were on, the SP added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Essel Group Chairman Dr Subhash Chandra honoured in Haryana
- Watch: PM Modi's 23rd edition of Mann ki Baat
- Vishal Dadlani apologises after tweet on Jain monk backfires
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk - Part II