Jhansi rape victim commits suicide
Jhansi: A 17-year-old girl committed suicide
after she was allegedly raped in Taktauli village in Mau
Ranipur police station area here.
Superintendent of police (Rural) P K Tewari said that
Bharti Pal (17) set herself ablaze by sprinkling kerosene in
her village yesterday after Kailash Ahirvar of the same
village allegedly raped her on Saturday.
She was rushed to the Jhansi medical college hospital
where she succumbed to severe burn injuries today, the SP
said, adding that the accused was arrested yesterday.
The accused has however feigned innocence on the rape
charges, though he admitted that he knew the girl.
Further investigations were on, the SP added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- Pakistan can inflict 'heavy losses' in war with India: Khawaja Muhammad Asif
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?