Jilted lover injures groom, 2 kids in acid attack
Bijnor: A jilted lover allegedly threw acid on the would be husband of his love interest, injuring him and two children in Ratanpur village of Seohara area here, police said Monday.
The incident took place yesterday when one Rajaram threw acid on Arvind Kumar in the latter`s marriage procession, circle officer Harendra Yadav said.
Besides Kumar, two children Aditya (14) and Nakul (11) were injured in the attack.
The injured were rushed to the hospital, where doctors said that Kumar had lost eyesight in his right eye besides sustaining 40 per cent burn injuries.
The accused was handed over to the police after the witnesses beat him up following the incident. The marriage could not be solemnised.
According to police, Rajaram loved the bride and had warned Arvind against marrying her.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- SP leader seeks RS seat for Yakub's wife, sacked
- Political war of words erupts over Yakub Memon's execution
- Exclusive chat with Bajrangi Bhaijaan's Munni aka Harshaali Malhotra
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How do you cope up with ever changing environment in life?
- Mumbai: Woman pushed off from running local train by robbers
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Delhi's graduate beggar – The amount he earns will shock you!
- Govt formalises strategies to counter ISIS threat, maintain internal security