Jilted lover injures groom, 2 kids in acid attack
Bijnor: A jilted lover allegedly threw acid on the would be husband of his love interest, injuring him and two children in Ratanpur village of Seohara area here, police said Monday.
The incident took place yesterday when one Rajaram threw acid on Arvind Kumar in the latter`s marriage procession, circle officer Harendra Yadav said.
Besides Kumar, two children Aditya (14) and Nakul (11) were injured in the attack.
The injured were rushed to the hospital, where doctors said that Kumar had lost eyesight in his right eye besides sustaining 40 per cent burn injuries.
The accused was handed over to the police after the witnesses beat him up following the incident. The marriage could not be solemnised.
According to police, Rajaram loved the bride and had warned Arvind against marrying her.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- No trace of IAF's AN-32 aircraft and survivors
- Rio Olympics 2016: NADA to take decision on Narsingh Yadav's fate today
- Intruder who ‘spiked’ wrestler Narsingh Yadav’s food identified: Sources
- China increases soldiers at Ladakh's Pangong Lake
- Madhya Pradesh: Two women assaulted at railway station for carrying beef
- Pacer Kagiso Rabada scoops six South African awards
- French Open champ Garbine Muguruza withdraws from Montreal
- Olympics 2016: More Russians banned in mounting Rio toll
- Throwback! Diana Penty’s Italian vacation pics will inspire you to visit the country
- Singer Shweta Pandit gets married to Italian beau Ivano Fucci