Jilted lover injures groom, 2 kids in acid attack
Bijnor: A jilted lover allegedly threw acid on the would be husband of his love interest, injuring him and two children in Ratanpur village of Seohara area here, police said Monday.
The incident took place yesterday when one Rajaram threw acid on Arvind Kumar in the latter`s marriage procession, circle officer Harendra Yadav said.
Besides Kumar, two children Aditya (14) and Nakul (11) were injured in the attack.
The injured were rushed to the hospital, where doctors said that Kumar had lost eyesight in his right eye besides sustaining 40 per cent burn injuries.
The accused was handed over to the police after the witnesses beat him up following the incident. The marriage could not be solemnised.
According to police, Rajaram loved the bride and had warned Arvind against marrying her.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- PM Modi addresses public meeting in Kozhikode
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi
- Delhi government bans Chinese firecrackers for this Diwali