Jilted lover kills teacher, commits suicide in UP
Amethi: A youth allegedly committed suicide after killing a teacher, who rejected his marriage proposal, police said here.
Manisha Singh (26), working as Sikshamitra (contractual teacher), was teaching in Hehura Primary School in Jamo area here this morning when Yaar Mohammad (26) reached the school and shot at her. She died on spot, they said.
Later, Mohammad also shot himself with the country-made pistol, they said.
Police said that Mohammad was in love with Manisha and was depressed after she refused his proposal.
Chhatrapati Shahuji Nagar District Magistrate J P Gupta said that a police team has been sent to the spot and a probe was ordered into the matter.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Maysore Maharaja Yaduveer ties knot with princess Trishika of Dungarpur
- India becomes full member of Missile Technology Control Regime
- Singapore Airlines plane catches fire at Changi Airport
- Govt's insensitivity towards Pampore terror attack martyrs leaves nation stunned
- Mysore Maharaja Yaduveer Wadiar ties knot with princess Trishika Singh of Dungarpur, Rajasthan
- New survey reveals why men resort to unprotected sex
- 4.7 magnitude earthquake hits India-Bangladesh border region
- Google pays musical tribute to Bollywood legend RD Burman on his 77th birth anniversary! - See pic
- British EU vote unnerves world leaders and markets
- Copa America final: Chile beat Argentina 4-2 to win title after Lionel Messi misses penalty kick