Jilted lover shoots girl, kills self in UP
Lucknow: A spurned lover on Tuesday barged into a school at Amethi in Uttar Pradesh and shot at a 15-year-old girl before pulling the trigger on himself, police said.
While the 19-year-old assailant died on the spot, the critically wounded teenaged girl was rushed to the trauma centre in Lucknow, where she is battling for her life.
Durgesh, a resident of Girdharipurva village, was in a one-sided love affair with the teenaged girl, Amethi Superintendent of Police Alankrita Singh told a news agency.
The girl`s family had protested against Durgesh`s advances in the past but to no avail, police said.
On Tuesday morning, the girl had gone to the secondary school as usual, when around 8 a.m., Durgesh barged into the school premises, carrying a polythene bag in which there were two locally-made pistols.
The man entered the classroom, held the girl`s hand and asked her to come out. When she refused, he pointed the pistol at her and shot her in front of other students and staff.
He then pulled out the other pistol and shot himself in the temple. He died on the spot.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amit Shah interacts with journalists at BJP office
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to expand your existing business
- PM Modi host 'Diwali Milan' for media
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists, says Farooq Abdullah
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Day/Night Test: Cricketers mock DRS, Nigel Llong decision on Nathan Lyon howler