Jilted lover shoots girl, kills self in UP
Lucknow: A spurned lover on Tuesday barged into a school at Amethi in Uttar Pradesh and shot at a 15-year-old girl before pulling the trigger on himself, police said.
While the 19-year-old assailant died on the spot, the critically wounded teenaged girl was rushed to the trauma centre in Lucknow, where she is battling for her life.
Durgesh, a resident of Girdharipurva village, was in a one-sided love affair with the teenaged girl, Amethi Superintendent of Police Alankrita Singh told a news agency.
The girl`s family had protested against Durgesh`s advances in the past but to no avail, police said.
On Tuesday morning, the girl had gone to the secondary school as usual, when around 8 a.m., Durgesh barged into the school premises, carrying a polythene bag in which there were two locally-made pistols.
The man entered the classroom, held the girl`s hand and asked her to come out. When she refused, he pointed the pistol at her and shot her in front of other students and staff.
He then pulled out the other pistol and shot himself in the temple. He died on the spot.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- Delhi: Shakuntala Gamlin writes to LG against AAP minister
- Jharkhand's Health Minister slaps political rival in public
- One Rank, One Pension: What is complicating its implementation? Part-2
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Even 100 Rahul Gandhis cannot match PM Narendra Modi's mega wave: Shiv Sena
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi