Jilted lover shoots girl, kills self in UP
Lucknow: A spurned lover on Tuesday barged into a school at Amethi in Uttar Pradesh and shot at a 15-year-old girl before pulling the trigger on himself, police said.
While the 19-year-old assailant died on the spot, the critically wounded teenaged girl was rushed to the trauma centre in Lucknow, where she is battling for her life.
Durgesh, a resident of Girdharipurva village, was in a one-sided love affair with the teenaged girl, Amethi Superintendent of Police Alankrita Singh told a news agency.
The girl`s family had protested against Durgesh`s advances in the past but to no avail, police said.
On Tuesday morning, the girl had gone to the secondary school as usual, when around 8 a.m., Durgesh barged into the school premises, carrying a polythene bag in which there were two locally-made pistols.
The man entered the classroom, held the girl`s hand and asked her to come out. When she refused, he pointed the pistol at her and shot her in front of other students and staff.
He then pulled out the other pistol and shot himself in the temple. He died on the spot.
- NHRC issues notice to Rajasthan government over death of 11 children in home
- Delhi: 10-year-old boy dies due to overdose of Vitamin D
- Haryana: Groom injured in celebratory firing at wedding in Hissar
- Phase V of West Bengal Assembly polls starts today
- Discussion over Mamata Banerjee's close aide Firhad Hakim's 'mini Pakistan' comment
- CTET May 8 exam: CBSE releases admit cards, eligible list for Haryana candidates
- Arvind Kejriwal lauds PM Narendra Modi's Cabinet Minister Suresh Prabhu – Know why
- OMG: Akshay Kumar's bodyguard punches a fan – Details inside
- SHOCKING! Pakistan umpire Aleem Dar's sons involved in major controversy in Scotland - Read full story
- Kerala Assembly Election 2016: Arun Jaitley to release NDA's vision document today