Jilted youth kills 16-year-old girl
Muzaffarnagar: A 16-year-old girl was allegedly shot dead by a youth at Deoband in Saharanpur district here after she spurned his advances, police said on Thursday.
The victim, Rinu, was allegedly shot at by the accused, Arvind, yesterday after she refused to give in to his advances, Deputy SP Manoj Kumar said.
Arvind and his friend Punna allegedly entered Rinu`s house when she was alone and tried to convince her to elope with the accused. The girl, however, refused to do so following which he shot at her, said officials.
The girl was rushed to a hospital where she was declared brought dead, they said.
Both the accused are absconding and police is probing into the incident, said officials.
In another incident, a pregnant woman was allegedly burnt alive by her husband and in-laws over dowry dispute in Batpura village in Saharanpur district here, said officials.
The victim, Manisha, was allegedly burnt alive yesterday by her husband and in-laws after she was locked inside a room.
Police has registered a case against Manisha`s husband Monu, his father Surender and mother Namo in this connection.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Fight for respect towards Dalits in UP merely a vote-garnering strategy?
- Fight for respect towards Dalits in UP merely a vote-garnering strategy? - Part II
- Fight for respect towards Dalits in UP merely a vote-garnering strategy? - Part III
- Fight for respect towards Dalits in UP merely a vote-garnering strategy? - Part IV
- Fight for respect towards Dalits in UP merely a vote-garnering strategy? - Part V
- Toll in Kashmir unrest climbs to 47, curfew continues in five districts
- AAP MLA Naresh Yadav, booked in Malerkotla sacrilege incident, arrested by Punjab police
- Ahead of key confidence vote, Nepal PM KP Sharma Oli resigns as prime minister
- Floods affect over 6 lakh in 14 Assam districts, toll rises to seven
- Congress lawmakers to quit if SC ruling on SYL canal goes against Punjab