Jilted youth kills 16-year-old girl
Muzaffarnagar: A 16-year-old girl was allegedly shot dead by a youth at Deoband in Saharanpur district here after she spurned his advances, police said on Thursday.
The victim, Rinu, was allegedly shot at by the accused, Arvind, yesterday after she refused to give in to his advances, Deputy SP Manoj Kumar said.
Arvind and his friend Punna allegedly entered Rinu`s house when she was alone and tried to convince her to elope with the accused. The girl, however, refused to do so following which he shot at her, said officials.
The girl was rushed to a hospital where she was declared brought dead, they said.
Both the accused are absconding and police is probing into the incident, said officials.
In another incident, a pregnant woman was allegedly burnt alive by her husband and in-laws over dowry dispute in Batpura village in Saharanpur district here, said officials.
The victim, Manisha, was allegedly burnt alive yesterday by her husband and in-laws after she was locked inside a room.
Police has registered a case against Manisha`s husband Monu, his father Surender and mother Namo in this connection.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Rahul Gandhi's and Congress' Twitter accounts hacked: Who's behind it?
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Watch - Parrikar's reply to Mamata's military coup claim
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 4.7 crore cash in Rs 2000 notes! Biggest seizure in new currency post demonetisation - What I-T recovered from Bengaluru, Chennai and Erode
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'