Jilted youth kills 16-year-old girl
Muzaffarnagar: A 16-year-old girl was allegedly shot dead by a youth at Deoband in Saharanpur district here after she spurned his advances, police said on Thursday.
The victim, Rinu, was allegedly shot at by the accused, Arvind, yesterday after she refused to give in to his advances, Deputy SP Manoj Kumar said.
Arvind and his friend Punna allegedly entered Rinu`s house when she was alone and tried to convince her to elope with the accused. The girl, however, refused to do so following which he shot at her, said officials.
The girl was rushed to a hospital where she was declared brought dead, they said.
Both the accused are absconding and police is probing into the incident, said officials.
In another incident, a pregnant woman was allegedly burnt alive by her husband and in-laws over dowry dispute in Batpura village in Saharanpur district here, said officials.
The victim, Manisha, was allegedly burnt alive yesterday by her husband and in-laws after she was locked inside a room.
Police has registered a case against Manisha`s husband Monu, his father Surender and mother Namo in this connection.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Airtel takes on Reliance Jio yet again; offers 10GB of 4G data at just Rs 259
- Saudi prince Turki Bin Saud Al-Kabir executed for murder in rare case
- Man divorces wife after seeing her first time without make-up!
- India can only 'bark', its products can't compete: Chinese state media
- Sania Mirza trolls Sanjay Manjrekar on Twitter after completing 80 consecutive weeks as World No. 1 doubles player