Jilted youth kills 16-year-old girl
Muzaffarnagar: A 16-year-old girl was allegedly shot dead by a youth at Deoband in Saharanpur district here after she spurned his advances, police said on Thursday.
The victim, Rinu, was allegedly shot at by the accused, Arvind, yesterday after she refused to give in to his advances, Deputy SP Manoj Kumar said.
Arvind and his friend Punna allegedly entered Rinu`s house when she was alone and tried to convince her to elope with the accused. The girl, however, refused to do so following which he shot at her, said officials.
The girl was rushed to a hospital where she was declared brought dead, they said.
Both the accused are absconding and police is probing into the incident, said officials.
In another incident, a pregnant woman was allegedly burnt alive by her husband and in-laws over dowry dispute in Batpura village in Saharanpur district here, said officials.
The victim, Manisha, was allegedly burnt alive yesterday by her husband and in-laws after she was locked inside a room.
Police has registered a case against Manisha`s husband Monu, his father Surender and mother Namo in this connection.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Maharashtra: Shani Shignapur temple purifies after woman offers oil
- Panel discussion on P Chidambaram's remarks over ban on 'The Satanic Verses'
- What is the motive behind 'unconditional talks' offer by Pakistan?
- Special report: Kashmiri Pandits recall their plight
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living
- Pakistan's ISI spy ring busted in India, BSF jawan among 2 held in Jammu, 3 agents apprehended in Kolkata