Joshi blasts Centre`s FDI policy, calls for Bharat Bandh
Varanasi: Slamming Centre`s decision to allow FDI in multi-brand retail sector, Senior BJP leader and Murli Manohar Joshi said that the move would be "disastrous" for retail traders, farmers and small shopkeepers.
During his three-day visit to his parliamentary constituency here, Joshi, who is also the Public Accounts Committee Chairman, alleged that the central government had taken the decision under "foreign pressure" as he appealed to people to prepare for a Bharat Bandh.
The BJP leader also appealed to all the parties opposing the policy along with workers and farmers bodies to jointly organise a protest demonstration against the Centre`s decision.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Watch: Reports on final deal of M-777 tanks between India and America
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing