Joshi blasts Centre`s FDI policy, calls for Bharat Bandh
Varanasi: Slamming Centre`s decision to allow FDI in multi-brand retail sector, Senior BJP leader and Murli Manohar Joshi said that the move would be "disastrous" for retail traders, farmers and small shopkeepers.
During his three-day visit to his parliamentary constituency here, Joshi, who is also the Public Accounts Committee Chairman, alleged that the central government had taken the decision under "foreign pressure" as he appealed to people to prepare for a Bharat Bandh.
The BJP leader also appealed to all the parties opposing the policy along with workers and farmers bodies to jointly organise a protest demonstration against the Centre`s decision.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of public pulse through survey by Zee News on Bihar elections
- Hotels selling beef should be demolished: Azam Khan
- DNA: End of ISIS? Vladimir Putin to send 1,50,000 soldiers to Syria
- Russia surprises America with accord on battling ISIS
- Panel discussion on Muslim vote bank in Bihar elections
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Hindu girl embraces Islam to marry Shahi Imam Bukhari's son?
- Pakistan take note! Indian military 5th deadliest in the world
- Lalu Prasad Yadav debuts on Dubsmash, mocks PM Narendra Modi – Watch video
- India vs South Africa: How cricket fraternity reacted to crowd's disgraceful behaviour at Cuttack