Joshi blasts Centre`s FDI policy, calls for Bharat Bandh
Varanasi: Slamming Centre`s decision to allow FDI in multi-brand retail sector, Senior BJP leader and Murli Manohar Joshi said that the move would be "disastrous" for retail traders, farmers and small shopkeepers.
During his three-day visit to his parliamentary constituency here, Joshi, who is also the Public Accounts Committee Chairman, alleged that the central government had taken the decision under "foreign pressure" as he appealed to people to prepare for a Bharat Bandh.
The BJP leader also appealed to all the parties opposing the policy along with workers and farmers bodies to jointly organise a protest demonstration against the Centre`s decision.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof