Joshi blasts Centre`s FDI policy, calls for Bharat Bandh
Varanasi: Slamming Centre`s decision to allow FDI in multi-brand retail sector, Senior BJP leader and Murli Manohar Joshi said that the move would be "disastrous" for retail traders, farmers and small shopkeepers.
During his three-day visit to his parliamentary constituency here, Joshi, who is also the Public Accounts Committee Chairman, alleged that the central government had taken the decision under "foreign pressure" as he appealed to people to prepare for a Bharat Bandh.
The BJP leader also appealed to all the parties opposing the policy along with workers and farmers bodies to jointly organise a protest demonstration against the Centre`s decision.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa suffers cardiac arrest; being monitored
- Watch: PM Modi addresses rally in Moradabad, UP - Part II
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- RBI to issue new Rs 20, Rs 50 notes; old notes to remain legal tender
- I-T department rejects declaration of Rs 2,00,000 crore made under IDS by Mumbai family